V

1 Message

• 

20 Points

Wednesday, May 13th, 2020 10:22 AM

Closed

UI is very sluggish

My PC is ssd(solid state drive) enabled; 8gb ram with latest motherboard and processor; win10 pro, then also UI for trend micro is very sluggish. When launching the main console it takes a time to show on the screen and sometimes it doesn't show up and just display icon in taskbar and therefore I have to restart computer. Please improve your antivirus UI. Also trend micro pay guard doesn't support Microsoft Edge chromium. When enabling Trend micro security toolbar for browser it highlights most of the listed websites which are safe as green marker which is very distracting for the eyes to read rather you can convey this in the form of an icon as green and red

Brand User

Superstar

• 

579 Messages

• 

9.4K Points

4 years ago

Hi, vishalgajjar18!

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

I am sorry to hear about your experience. This is not the usual behaviour of our program. Please try to turn off and on Trend Micro from the diagnostic toolkit to reload the components. You may refer to these steps below:

1. Press the Windows icon + R key on your keyboard
  2. Type " supporttool" on the open field and press OK
  3. Go to C. Uninstall tab
  4. Click 5. Stop all Components
  5. Wait for about 30-60 seconds, then click 4. Start all Components
  6. Try to re-open Trend Micro, and check if it's still slow.

If the issue still persists, please provide us the current version of Trend Micro installed on your computer.

As for the new Microsoft Edge, you may refer to this link below:

How to install Trend Micro Security Extension in the new Microsoft Edge

We will also forward your feedback to our developers regarding the site's rating and see how can this be possible in the future. In the meantime, you may set it to only "Rate links on mouseover". 

We'll be right here if you need anything.

- Cathy

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights