• 

13 Messages

• 

700 Points

Friday, August 25th, 2023 11:26 AM

Closed

Trouble with 4K Portable Monitor - Seeking Assistance

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm facing a bit of a technical hiccup and I thought this would be the best place to seek some guidance. Recently, I purchased a 4K portable monitor to enhance my remote work setup. It's a fantastic device, but unfortunately, I've run into some issues that I can't seem to resolve on my own.

Monitor Details:

Model:  4K Portable Monitor
Connection: USB-C

Problem:
The monitor seemed to work flawlessly initially. The picture quality was outstanding, and it was a great addition to my workspace. However, after a few days of usage, I encountered a peculiar problem. The monitor's display started flickering randomly, especially when I was multitasking or moving the mouse cursor around. The flickering isn't constant, but it's frequent enough to be very distracting and make prolonged use uncomfortable.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

Checked Connections: I ensured that the USB-C cable is properly connected to both my laptop and the monitor. The flickering persists regardless of cable adjustments.
Driver Updates: I visited the manufacturer's website and checked for updated drivers for the monitor. I installed the latest driver, but the flickering problem persists.
Different Lapm not entirely sure if this is a hardware issue with the monitor or if there's something else I can try on the software end. I'm hoping some of you might have faced similar issues or have expertise in troubleshooting such problems. Any guidance or suggestions you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Additional Information:

Laptop Model: Ultrabook
Operating System: Windows 10
Graphics Card: Integrated Intel UHD Graphics

I'm considering reaching out to customer support, but I thought it would be wise to gather insights from the community here first. Have any of you dealt with a similar issue? Or do you have any ideas about what might be causing this flickering problem? Your assistance would mean a lot to me.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Stella

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

29 Messages

• 

640 Points

11 months ago

Hi @stellagomez0102 

Since you already ensured that the device is connected properly and updated its drivers, here are some additional troubleshooting that you can perform.

1. If you have another laptop or computer, try connecting your monitor and check if the flickering persists. This can help determine if the issue is with the monitor or your computer.
  2. Sometimes, fluctuations in power supply or unstable voltage can lead to flickering. Consider using a voltage stabilizer or surge protector to ensure stable power to your monitor. If you're using an extension outlet, please try plugging your monitor into a different outlet to check if it is causing the issue.
  3. Check if there are any firmware updates available for your monitor. Manufacturers often release updates to fix issues and improve performance.
  4. Try adjusting your monitor's refresh rate. If it is set too high for your system to handle, it can cause flickering. To do this, follow these steps;
    1. Right-click on your desktop
    2. Click "Display settings"
    3. Go to "Advanced display settings"
    4. Adjust the refresh rate to a lower value and see if the flickering reduces.

If none of these work, it's still best to use the device's warranty and bring the device to the manufacturer's support center to properly diagnose the issue.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights