Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

Tuesday, June 13th, 2023 9:04 AM

Closed

TrendMicro uninstallation issues

When I try to uninstall the antivirus TrendMicro asks a password, but after I enter it I receive a popup that orders me to re-enter  the password. I know that the password is correct, because if I write the same password to access some advanced settings, the system works fine.

To bypass the password, I tried to use the Removal Tool, but even if it tells me the uninstallation process worked, and after restarting the PC, TrendMicro is still present, unaffected.

How can I overcome these issues and uninstall TrendMicro?

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

1 year ago

Google is your friend....

https://www.crestline.net/uninstall-trend-micro-without-password/

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

@claudiubotezatu​ Are there any methods who do not involve manually editing the Registry Keys?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

1 year ago

Hi @riccardo_buratto

Trend Micro has a Diagnostic Toolkit that offers an option to uninstall the program. You may refer to the helpcenter link below for more information:

How to uninstall Trend Micro Security on Windows | Trend Micro Help Center

If the uninstall proceeds and still the program is on your device, you may use our Remnant File Remover Tool:
Delete old Trend Micro files with Remnant File Remover Tool | Trend Micro Help Center

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

@tm_chris​ When I type supporttool.exe after pressing CTRL + R I receive an error message (missing file).

If I use the Remnant File Remover, TrendMicro is still on my PC even when the program displays a "successful uninstallation".

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

@riccardo_buratto May I know specifically the name of the Trend Micro product installed on your device? Trend Micro offers product for enterprise which may require product/device administrator password for the product to be uninstalled.

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

In fact, the version of TrendMicro I am trying to uninstall is the enterprise version.

When I enter the administrator password to uninstall TrendMicro, TrendMicro asks to re-enter the password. I know that the password is the correct one because if I enter the same password (the one used to try the uninstallation) to edit some advanced settings TrendMicro accepts it.

Do you know if there is a tool to uninstall TrendMicro without password?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

51 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Hello @riccardo_buratto

Our colleagues from the Corporate Department are the best people to handle this kind of concern.  To get in touch with them, you may go to this link: Contact Support | Trend Micro Business Support 

-tm_darlene

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

Hi Darlene,

thank you for support.

Unfortunately the telephone numbers of my country specified in that page (both small/medium business and enterprise) are labeled as non-existent.

I tried to opening a case, but I am not able o login (if I click to "Forgot Password" I do not receive any e-mail, even in Spam.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights