Superstar

• 

207 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

Saturday, September 16th, 2023 4:28 AM

Closed

Trend Micro's Password manager

Trend Micro's Password manager Import feature is not showing up under Data section. The whole Data section is not showing up. So basically a user cannot import passwords as of now. I have checked this with support team. But kindly escalate the issue and make it available at the earliest.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

10 months ago

Hi @Anime_007  , 

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

As a fix to your concern kindly follow the steps below below:

1.) First of all, you need to have the Trend Micro Password Manager Extension installed on your browser. If it is not yet installed click on this link to install it : https://pwm.trendmicro.com/installExtension/chrome

2.) Once you already have Trend Micro Password Manager Extension installed on your browser, open the extension which is located at the upper right corner, or if not yet shown there click on the puzzle piece like icon and click the Trend Micro Password Manager and sign in using your Vault Password:

3.) Once open, look for the three dots within the extension's window, and then click it. After that click settings :
4.) After opening Settings within the Trend Micro Password Manager Extension , look for the data tab where you can see the import password feature that you are looking for: 

Hope this helps! 

(edited)

Superstar

• 

207 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

@tm_vince​ kindly check first on your end. This data section is missing for months. I was told that maybe because app developers are working on it. So there is no exact time frame when it will be made available.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hello @Anime_007 ,

I appreciate your quick response regarding the issue you're facing.

After checking on my end, I successfully accessed the Data tab using the steps mentioned earlier. Please confirm if this solution also works for you. Thank you!

I hope this resolves your issue!

Superstar

• 

207 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

I have the issue which still persists. I Will get back to support teams in this regard as I have no data present in the Trend Micro' s PM I might ask for remote support to get to the root cause of this. I think due to manual deletion of Trend Micro's folders after uninstallation my PM id broken and not showing up the data tab. I will soon get in touch with the teams in this regard.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @Anime_007,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on a possible root cause.

Should you choose to contact our support team to conduct a thorough investigation to confirm if this is indeed the issue, please feel free to reach out for any assistance you require. We're here to ensure your concerns are addressed accurately and promptly!

You can reach out to us by clicking on this link.

Superstar

• 

207 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

@tm_gela​ I had contacted earlied with the support team via chat support and the chat representative told me that Data section is also missing on their system and speculated that it might be related to Devs working on it. Thats why I posted here as it was missing. But today I installed password manager global version and Data section started showing up. I guess the reason that it was missing cause I always install the Trend Micro maximum Security from account itself and choose the option to install TM's Password manager there. Might be some issue with that installer. So the issue has now been resolved as I installed TM's PM separately first. So its working fine now.

(edited)

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights