• 

5 Messages

• 

310 Points

Tuesday, October 19th, 2021 2:18 PM

Closed

Resolved

Trend Micro Wants to Update but Can't

Recently my Trend Micro Internet Security prompted me to update but it wont let me. I have scanned for viruses or malware and there isn't any, I am on a working internet connection and I don't have any other internet security software on my computer. When I press the button it will start to search for updates then I get immediately stopped by a strange notification. It gives me absolutely no details about what is going on and I can't find anyone else with the same problem. Please help.

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

3 years ago

Hi winkelmanfamily,

To help you on your concern, I would like to ask further description and explanation of the symptoms you are experiencing. Please let us know what happened and on what part did you encounter the problem

Also try to follow these steps and check if the issue will persist:

1. Press the Windows Key & R at the same time, the run window should appear.
  2. Type supporttool then click OK. The Trend Micro Diagnostic toolkit will open.
  3. Go to (C) Uninstall, click 5. Stop all Components & 2. Delete Now.
  4. Reopen the Trend Micro program, run a full scan and verify if the issues persist.

Let us know of its results here on the same thread. Thanks

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

310 Points

@tm_angelo

Thank you, I will try this and get back to you if it continues to not work! 

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

310 Points

@tm_angelo

It works! I have no more errors and it will connect to the internet and update, Thanks again!

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

3 years ago

Thank you for the reply winkelmanfamily, feel free to message us if you need any more help! 

-TM_Angelo

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights