Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Wednesday, November 29th, 2023 11:02 PM

Closed

Trend Micro Vault

My Trend Micro vault has simply disappeared from my desktop. I use it regularly but it appears to have disappeared after a Trend Micro update.

I have Trend Micro Maximum Security and when I to go to Data, the Vault option is no longer there. I cannot see any options for the Vault.

My operating system in Windows 10.

Fortunately my files are on the desktop in a new folder titled Unprotected Files 2023.

How can I get my vault back up and running.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

8 months ago

Vault is no longer supported I was told and you are lucky. When my PC updated Trend it simply deleted the vault without saving the vault-files in a new folder on the desktop. all lost now. support helpless. Thats a reason for me to complete deinstall and switch scanner on all my machiones. unacceptable as I havent evne had the chance to back the files up. The installer started and  promised this deskop folder but never was created.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

92 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

Hi @skaosch 

If the "Unprotected Files" folder was never created, then we would like to investigate further on your machine.

You said that you already removed the antivirus, May i ask if you removed all folders including the one's from the C:\Users\admin\AppData?

I am hoping that we can still have them recovered but if the app has been removed right away, the chances are slim.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

the outdatedapp was removed automatically by the update process but nor did a new update installation start neither was the folder created. Trend was simply gone after the update process restarted the pc. I started deinstalling Trend already from all my machines. sorry, not acceptable. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

@skaosch​,

I understand that you've already decided to remove the Trend Micro program on your machines. Since the Trend Micro Vault feature have reached it's End-Of-Support upon the release of version 17.8, here are several alternative software and services available to safeguard your data:

• Personal Vault: An excellent solution from OneDrive for securing files online.
  • Dropbox Vault: A trusted option for maintaining the privacy of your files in the Cloud.

Hope this helps. 

(edited)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

92 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

8 months ago

Hi @andygammage 

I'm sorry to inform you that Trend Micro Vault feature have reached it's End-Of-Support upon the release of version 17.8

You can read more about it through here: Trend Micro Vault Ends Support: What You Need to Know | Trend Micro Help Center

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

180 Points

@tm_ace​ thank you. I will look at other protections now with a secure vault offer and no longer re-subscribe!

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

8 months ago

I do not WANT to use a vault in the cloud. I want a vault stored only locally. Do I have any options?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @mrmikethornton​, 

Welcome to Trend Micro Users Community!

Unfortunately, the Trend Micro Vault feature of Maximum Security has been ended in the latest version released. You may see Trend Micro Vault Ends Support: What You Need to Know | Trend Micro Help Center.

Thank you for your understanding!

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

180 Points

@tm_carlo​ thankyou. I will now cancel my re-subscription.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hi @mesminlowon ,

We're saddened to hear that,  let us know if we can do something to make you stay. Feel free to drop any questions or concerns as well.

Thank you!

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

7 months ago

Hi, I have the same problem. There are two folders of 'unprotected files', but both are empty. Is there any way for me to retrieve my files? I could not remember Trend Micro warning us about Vault before the update. Thanks.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

83 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @aris ,

Could you try and check on the path C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\Local\Trend Micro\Backup\ if you could see a folder named DataFile?

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

Thanks for the response. But I could not find anything with the path provided.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

83 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @aris ,

Would you be able to send a screenshot of the file path C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\Local?

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights