190 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

Saturday, February 6th, 2021 8:59 PM

Closed

Resolved

Trend Micro UI Bug

Hello,

This post is to report Trend Micro UI opening bug. Sometimes when trying to bring the main console, there is just the Trend Miro icon on the taskbar stuck on UPK://Tittanium, but nothing appears. If I close the icon via hovering over it and pressing "X", the tray icon becomes unresponsive (not even the right click menu appears).

Checking in task manager, there are 2 processes named Trend Micro Main Console, one of them consuming 2 MB of RAM (I am able to kill this one) and the other one consuming 15 MB of RAM (this one can't be killed).

If I don't close anything, but just leave the icon in taskbar there are the following processes:

After a minute or so, the issue seems to disappear and the product can be opened again.

It happens quite frequently.

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

3 years ago

Hi bvasilev,

Just an update, our developers are already aware of this behavior and they're in the process of improving it on the next version. The main console still can be opened though you'll need to wait for a few minutes for it to respond. 

Thanks as well for continuously looking out for our products. 

- TM_Reine
Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

3 years ago

Hi bvasilev,

Thank you for reporting it, we'll check for any similar scenario on our end. May I ask if you had recently reinstalled the program? also, do you see the Trend Micro icon on the system tray upon startup?

- TM_Reine

Superstar

• 

190 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@reine_roque Hello,

Yes, I reinstalled the product today. The issue was there before and is still present now. There was a similar issue which was fixed in version 16, with the product just being stuck on a blank window. The tray icon is there and the startup is enabled.

(edited)

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

Thanks for checking. We'll verify this concern and replicate it if possible.

- TM_Reine

Superstar

• 

190 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

I have also applied one of the pre-loaded wallpapers in the console if that matters somehow. This is how it looks.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights