• 

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

Monday, October 11th, 2021 9:15 PM

Closed

Answered

Trend Micro toolbar makes Google search results unreadable

Can you read these search results?  I can't.  How do I change preferences on the TM toolbar to fix this?

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

764 Messages

• 

13.6K Points

3 years ago

Hi, jreitsema01

Welcome to the Trend Micro Home Users Community! 

Trend Micro Toolbar warns you about security risks with the websites you try to visit by showing the security rating. You can remove the highlighted search results by following the steps below:  

1. Click Trend Micro Toolbar icon on Google Chrome 
  2. Then uncheck the "Rate links on Web Pages" option
  3. Make sure that "Rate links on mouse over" is checked.
  4. Hover your mouse over a website link from the search result to see the page rating.

In case you didn't know, Trend Micro recently launched version 17.7. You can download it for free here: How to upgrade Trend Micro to its latest version on Windows

- TM_Rochelle

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

3 years ago

I discovered  that the TM icon was not visible in my toolbar on Chrome.  I needed to click on the Extensions icon in the toolbar, then I could select TM and then pin it to the toolbar.  Once I did that your solution worked perfectly.

Thank you!

Brand User

Superstar

• 

650 Messages

• 

8.5K Points

You're welcome, jreitsema01
We will be right here if you need anything else.

-TM_Ann 

Hotshot

• 

32 Messages

• 

880 Points

3 years ago

I do 'get-it' that the "Safelink" green underlining feature is a bit, "in your face", but I do pay attention to these, especially when doing any sort of financial transaction. I guess they're a bit of reassurance that the web address is "Good to Go", even if TM may well block the site if it is malicious.  

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi @telboy911,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

Yes, the Trend Micro Toolbar works with your web browser to warn you about any security risks associated with the websites you try to visit. It truly provides reassurance that a website is good to go.

For financial transactions online, you may use the Pay Guard browser to protect your data in your financial transactions against any security and identity threats.

- TM_Kath

- TM_Kath

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

40 Points

3 years ago

Thanks for the solution, this is literally the dumbest feature, who could possibly have thought it was a good idea to make everything unreadable... seriously....

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

231 Messages

• 

4.4K Points

Hi,  danny.giles0

We apologize for the troubles you've had with the app. If you have any suggestions on how we could improve and enhance your user experience, please don't hesitate to share them with us.

Thank you! Stay Safe

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights