190 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

Sunday, January 24th, 2021 9:44 PM

Closed

Resolved

Trend Micro Security Lite Uses an Outdated Pattern File

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right place to report, but the latest beta of Trend Micro (Security Lite) uses a severely outdated pattern file.

The Smart Scan Agent Pattern version in use is 16.427.95 and the current version is 16.495.95.

Considering this number increments by 2 each day (tomorrow's pattern will be 16.497.95) it looks like this pattern file is about a month old.

I checked for updates many times, but new pattern file doesn't seem to get installed.

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

4 years ago

Hi bvasilev,

For Trend Micro Security 2021 Lite BETA concerns please refer to this link. You may submit an issue or course your inquiries directly here.

- TM_Reine

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

80 Points

4 years ago

AS I AM NOT A CONFIDENT LAPTOP USER I REALLY DONT NO HOW TO FIX THINGS AS THEY HAPPEN SO COULD DO WITH ALL THE ADVICE YOU CAN GIVE ME , FOR INSTANCE MY COMPUTER KEEPS TELLING ME I HAVE NO WIFI WHEN MY TOGGEL SHOWS THAT I DO ALSO SOOOH SLOW I GET SO FRUSTRATED WITH IT AND I FEEL USELESS ALSO MY WIFI STICK GETS VERY HOT

Superstar

• 

190 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

Hi @colleenlj,

I recommend you update Windows and all drivers.

Instructions on how to do this can be found here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-windows-10-3c5ae7fc-9fb6-9af1-1984-b5e0412c556a

Then I also suggest you have a look at the router. There are routers that behave erratically when too many devices are connected.

You might need to check with the manufacturer and make sure the router firmware is up-to-date.

This can also happen if you have a VPN or other security software remnants. If that’s the case, you might need to reset/refresh Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-refresh-reset-or-restore-your-pc-51391d9a-eb0a-84a7-69e4-c2c1fbceb8dd

Please be advised that this will remove all programs at the very least.

Sometimes network issues can occur just because the device’s network adaptor is of a low-quality. If you have followed the steps above and nothing has helped, most probably that’s the case.

You’ll need to contact a technician in that case.

May I know when did you notice this issue for the first time?

Regards,

(edited)

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights