• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Thursday, February 1st, 2024 6:22 AM

Closed

Trend Micro Security for Edge and Chrome January 2024 Release

Trend Micro Community!

Discover the latest updates in Trend Micro Security for Edge and Chrome! Uncover enhanced features crafted to ensure your security while navigating the internet. Refer to the release notes for a detailed overview.

Product

Version

Trend Micro Security for Edge

Trend Micro Security for Edge BBY

Trend Micro Security for Chromebook 

Trend Micro Security for Chromebook BBY

Trend Micro Toolbar for Chrome

Trend Micro Toolbar for Firefox

Trend Micro Security Release Notes

Fixed issues

• Addressed the Email Defender issue causing multiple detection popups.
  • Resolved the problem of multiple URL safety evaluation marks appearing at X.
  • Fixed the recurring issue of URL safety evaluation marks appearing and disappearing intermittently.
  • Rectified the Gmail layout change occurring in the presence of the URL safety evaluation and Rating function.
  • Investigated and resolved the issue preventing the Privacy Scanner for Facebook from being fixed.

Other Changes

• Removing the Password Manager from the Trend Micro Security console. 

Share Your Thoughts in the comments!

Explore the latest update in your Trend Micro Security and share your thoughts with us. Your feedback is important!

Join the discussion!

Sign in or create an account.

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

370 Points

6 months ago

If these work the way in which you are saying here, it’s taken way to long for it to get done by a organisation that is responsible for protecting its customers daily, not weeks afterwards and taken so many complaints in the discussions area.  Glad action has been taken and hope for my sec it works with no hiccups!

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

@wjudd3123​ It takes TrendMicro way too long to fix many issues, look at the number of complaints!!

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

6 months ago

So what happens to all the passwords we have stored in Password manager?

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

80 Points

Help!!!!!

I have 300 people saved.  What happens?

Hotshot

• 

32 Messages

• 

880 Points

Yes I agree 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @efa11547, @pharri5794 and @telboy911 

We understand that there have been concerns following our recent update regarding Trend Micro Security for Edge and Chrome. We appreciate your engagement and want to provide clear and accurate information.

We would like to reassure our users that:

1. Your Passwords are Safe: No need to worry about your passwords in Password Manager. They're secure and won't be lost during this update.
  2. Update for Password Manager in Trend Micro Toolbar Extension:
    • The update focuses in on removing Password Manager from the Trend Micro toolbar extension.

We know how important it is to keep things transparent, and we'll keep you posted on any new developments.

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

170 Points

6 months ago

Well there you go, I've never been happy to allow anything to "Save Passwords" anyway.

Hotshot

• 

34 Messages

• 

866 Points

6 months ago

Will there be a replacement for password manager? and will it be free or will we be forced to pay. I use PWM it quite a bit I do Use the trend micro ID app but i noticed that it password manger is behind a pay wall.

(edited)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @hsfrotten,

We understand that there have been concerns following our recent update regarding Trend Micro Security for Edge and Chrome. We appreciate your engagement and want to provide clear and accurate information.

1. Your Passwords are Safe:No need to worry about your passwords in Password Manager. They're secure and won't be lost during this update.
    • The update focuses in on removing Password Manager from the Trend Micro toolbar extension.

We'll keep you posted on any new developments or updates.

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

370 Points

6 months ago

When you pay for you installs every year you expect them to hold up their end of the bargain, but of late it doesn’t seem to be happening does it ? When you buy the product, you buy the one that suits your needs and it seems that then they have other things that should be in your package to cover you are all of a sudden are being advertised to you that they aren’t in that package after all, how many people have found this to be true?  I think this could be my last year when this subscription runs out, they are not giving me a lot of confidence at the moment.

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

@wjudd3123​ 100% agree!!.Trend Micro WAS a good product, but now is full of faults, patches for their updates, dropping features that were part of the original deal, and starting to add extra charges for many poor quality addons,  and it appears they don't really care that they are getting more and more negative feedback. Well, we will see how long before TrendMicro loose thousands of loyal customers like us that have been with them for years.

Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

340 Points

@wjudd3123​ Yes I have found it confusing each year as the change the names of the Programs and change the features.
I have come to rely on my PW manager which appears to being stopped. WHY?
It is becoming harder to actually find your plan. I usually go for a package that covers all my needs and find it convenient. Will see what happens this year.
Have found customer support good on the Australian Trend site. 

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

370 Points

I WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO BEGIN TO LOOK FOR ANOTHGER COMPANY.  ALL I'VE EVER KNOWN IS TREND MICRO!

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

@danigordon2​ And they don't give a hoot about loyal customers.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @jhwill,

We understand that there have been concerns following our recent update regarding Trend Micro Security for Edge and Chrome. We appreciate your engagement and want to provide clear and accurate information.

1. Your Passwords are Safe: No need to worry about your passwords in Password Manager. They're secure and won't be lost during this update.

We know how important it is to keep things transparent, and we'll keep you posted on any new developments.

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

370 Points

6 months ago

So wth are we supposedb to do?????????????????????Why don't they give us ANSWERS instead of ONLY sending to all the other lost souls in "COMMUNITY"!!!!! THATS THEIR ONLY ANSWER! TELL ME WHO ELSE TO USE SO I CAN END MY SUB RIGHT AWAY! I AM NOT A TECHY-KIND 0F OLDER AGED PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAYBE THIS IS WHAT THEY WANT... PPL LIKE ME!!! DOESN'T GOOGLE CHROME TAKE CARE OF OUR PWM? 

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

@danigordon2​  Time to leave a sinking ship!! Trend Micro has snubbed many loyal customers without any thought to their concerns!! 

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

340 Points

6 months ago

Is Trend PW manager being discontinued? I have found this program is very good and I use it all the time. 

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

370 Points

THIS IS WHAT I READ.  I COULD BE MISREADING BUT READ OTHERS POSTS.  I'M CONFUSED AS HECK!!!!! I USUALLY NEVER BOTHER READING THESE MESSAGES BUT THIS TIME I DID.  BUT DOESN'T GOOGLE CGROME SAVE OUR PASSWORDS FOR US AND PROTECT US?  I'M LOSING MY MIND OVR THIS!!! HOW COUYLD TREND STOP PROTECTING ANYTHING ON OUR COMPUTERS??? ISN'T THIS WHAT WE PAY THEM TO DO?  HOW COULD OUR PASSWORDS STOP BEING PROTECTED??? COULDN'T WE SUE THEM FOR THIS? 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @jhwill and @danigordon2

We understand that there have been concerns following our recent update regarding Trend Micro Security for Edge and Chrome. We appreciate your engagement and want to provide clear and accurate information.

1. Your Passwords are Safe: No need to worry about your passwords in Password Manager. They're secure and won't be lost during this update.

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

6 months ago

And yet another HOTFIX for an issue that causes programmes to run slow. Trust TRENDMICRO, to protect your system?

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

370 Points

6 months ago

So by reading this Trend has just gone and thrown all of its long term customers that have been using Password Manager out with the bath water, good way to treat customers that have stuck with you for years as you can read  in these community comments. Do management even bother to read and follow up on these things?

Hotshot

• 

32 Messages

• 

880 Points

6 months ago

I've stored a few passwords in Trend Micro's Password Manager, but Google takes care of most of my stuff now anyway (if you don't use Google all the mainline Browsers now provide a Password Manager). Still, TM just dumping a feature without much prior warning doesn't make the company look good in my view. 

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

@telboy911​ Agree100%

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

6 months ago

TendMicro have now completely confused, upset and done a great deal of harm to their reputation of late with all the changes, fixes, lack of clear instructions and on matters that relate to their updates, and all the "experts' give replies to that only they understand, and ask for your patience and understanding! Well TrendMicro, many of us have run out of patience, and do not understand why you took a great simple to use product, and turned it into an over complicated piece of garbage.

To you it may appear that has more features, offers better protection etc, but to many of your customers, it is now the complete opposite.

Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

340 Points

@efa11547​ Yes agree. Many years ago I had Norton and had to get rid of it because it was over the top and not user friendly. It created problems instead of fixing them. Pop ups were comming up at a great rate a day and so many false negatives. I turned to Trend who turned out to be user friendly and just did the job of protecting me on virus and malware etc. I ended up getting the PW mgr which I have used since once I got the using it down pat. I did not trust the Chrome pw mgr and at the time many users on google etc and experts said it was not safe. Could of changed since then of course.
Looked at the other PW mgr programs on the market and chose Trend as I was already a user.
Another thing that annoyed me was when I go to the chat page with a problem and describe the problem fully the person kept asking me questions that I had already told them and very repetitive.  I even told them what I had tried using their FAQ and solutions page like clearing Cache etc etc. But they always came up and said clear your Cache after I had told them the actions I had tried. In fairness in the end my problem was sorted out.
And then we have the programs and the changed the names of the Different programs. I ended getting the subscription that contained multiple programs that I wanted and it seemed to work ok. Just added any others that I wanted and kept it simple.
Annoyed that they change the name of program name so often and did have problems on renewal installing it. 
Not major problems and have trend on my Android, Laptop and Desktop and find they are doing the job. 
I notice though that other apps I use are now offering VPN and another a PW manager.  Think they are CCleaner and ADblock so maybe this is one of the reasons Trend is dropping some programs?
Anyway will have about 300 days before my runs out so will see what happens.
I find their site has an Australian contract number and Tech Help which is excellent so will persevere. Because it is not a reason to drop them because of one reason but unfortunately they are Going the way of Norton .  I am impressed by Bitdefender after doing some research but am aware That I dont want to change programs and find it creates more problems. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

6 months ago

Hi @efa11547  and @jhwill ,

Thank you for providing honest feedbacks regards with our recent update with our Trend Micro Security for Edge and Chrome.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

So, if you remove it from the Tool Bar, will it still work , and where do we get access to it. This is what we mean: confusing people, Updates say removing from Toolbar, so where do we find it,  and get access to it, to be able to change and keep it updated our end? VERY CONFUSING?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @efa11547​, 

It will only be removed from the Trend Micro Security extension, as our password manager has its own separate extension. For guidance on adding the Trend Micro Password Manager extension to your Windows browser, please refer to our documentation titled 'How to Add Trend Micro Password Manager on Windows Browser.'

Thank you for your understanding.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights