Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

170 Points

Thursday, April 27th, 2017 6:56 PM

Closed

Trend Micro peaks my disk usage up to 100%

I have a huge problem with my disk usage.
Multiple processes are causing this, but Trend Micro seems to be one of the most common of them.

It suddenly starts using up enormous amounts of disk usage, so that it's permanently at 100%, therefore affecting performance. Please, someone help me. I've tried everything.
I'm using the latest version of Trend Micro Maximum Security.
The process name is "Trend Micro Anti-Malware Solution Platform" with a sub-process called "Trend Micro Solution Platform".

Other processes that sometimes do this are "wsappx", "Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry", "System", and "Servicehost: Local service (network limitations)". Sometimes "Platinum Host Service" too, but after research I found out that's actually a part of Trend. Trend however is the culprit most of the time. Also sometimes my disk usage is at a very normal, low, level. But mostly it's at 100% which prevents me from doing most of the stuff I want to do.

Accepted Solution

Hustler

• 

60 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

7 years ago

Hello @mamouna and welcome to the Trend Micro Community,

Thank you for informing us regarding this problem. We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue has caused you.

Since the problem keeps on reoccurring from time to time, we should also look into the possibility that this might be happening because the program is too much to handle for the computer. First of all, kindly check if your computer meets the minimum system requirements of the Trend Micro program.

To check that, kindly refer to the link below.

System requirements of Trend Micro program

Please be reminded that the Trend Micro program scans your computer from time to time which takes up some memory from your computer. It also takes a considerable amount when the program checks for malware updates from our server every 3 hours. Basically, depending on your computer specifications, it differs on how these actions affect the performance.

If your computer does satisfy the requirements of the Trend Micro program, you may do the following actions.

1. Check for incompatible software. Here's how to remove incompatible software.

2. Check for Malware. Use the HouseCall program to do this.
HouseCall

3. Reinstall the Trend Micro program.
Maximum Security installer

I hope these instructions help you sort out your concern.

Thank you and have a great day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

(edited)

Official Response

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

1 year ago

Hello Trend Community!

If you are still experiencing High Memory Usage from coreServiceShell.exe in Trend Security for Windows click here!

Don't worry, we're here to help!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights