• 

5 Messages

• 

310 Points

Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 11:52 PM

Closed

Resolved

Trend Micro is Acting Strange

I recently downloaded Windows 11, I don't know if that is the issue but what has been going on with my Trend Micro is really strange. There is a window of time in which I turn on my computer and Trend Micro works properly, then two minutes later it turns off and Windows gives me a reminder to turn on my antivirus. Trend Micro will then prompt me to restart my computer in which it allows me to access it again for two minutes. In that window of time I scanned for updates, it is really strange about that though, if I scan for updates once, it doesn't say I have to update anything and it proceeds to crash, when I try again it turns Trend Micro off and says it is stuck at 66% updated and proceeds to crash again before it can update any more. I opened support tool and I stopped all components and tried deleting the security update files but it didn't fix the problem. I've restarted my computer over five times now and it still won't fix the issue, and for some reason it won't let me post this, Please help!

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

3 years ago

Hi, winkelmanfamily.

I am sorry to hear about your experience.

Let's try to clean reinstall the Trend Micro program then check if the issue will still persist. Please follow the steps below:

1. Run the Remnant File Remover Tool to remove any leftover Trend Micro files from your computer so you can install the latest version without experiencing any issues.

2. Delete all Trend Micro folders and files:

1. Check and delete all Trend Micro folders and files manually in the following locations:
    • Program Files
    • Program Data
    • AppData
  2. Delete Temp and %temp% files
  3. Empty the Recycle Bin
  4. Restart your computer.

3. Proceed with Installing Trend Micro. Please use the installer on this link.

Let us know how it goes.

- TM_Kim

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

310 Points

3 years ago

Trend Micro works properly now and isn't stopping anymore, Thank you!

Brand User

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

That's good to know, winkelmanfamily. In case you need further assistance, please let us know.

- TM_Kim

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

80 Points

3 years ago

I had the exact same problem.  The solution provided successfully resolved the problem.

Brand User

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

We are very pleased to hear that, lbeiermann! In case you need further assistance, please let us know.

- TM_Kim

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights