• 

2 Messages

• 

170 Points

Thursday, November 4th, 2021 5:18 PM

Closed

Answered

trend micro extension for firefox

Trend micro extension won't install in newest Firefox version. Install tab sends you to a paged reading "ooops, can't find this page" and that the Firefox page is down for maintenance, has been doing this since the last Firefox upgrade. Don't want to abandon Firefox, but may not have another choice.

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

3 years ago

Hi mtejeda50,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

I would like to inform you that on version 17.7, the Trend Micro toolbar for Mozilla Firefox is currently under maintenance and will be available soon.

In the meantime, you may use other web browsers and add their own Trend Micro Toolbar.

I hope this helps.

- TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

220 Points

3 years ago

No it really doesn't help and the Firefox Maintenance is taking much too long complete pls.  I already use all three browsers, each having a separate personal function. Also I am not all that likened to use Edge!!

(edited)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi @acturner,

We humbly apologize for the inconvenience and the long wait. Our developers have been closely coordinating with Mozilla Firefox to make it available this month. We will make sure to let you know once the update is available.

- TM_Kath

- TM_Kath

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

220 Points

Thanks for your response

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

Hi acturner,

Thank you for understanding, we're always working hard to improve the app. If there is anything we can do for you, just let us know.

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

3 years ago

I gather this is the same issue affecting the password manager for firefox. Perhaps you should let your tech support staff know that an issue exists rather than them insisting that the want remote access to my computer. I have had to repeatedly inform them that will never happen! I have been absolutely delighted with trend micro for many years - Until now!

Brand User

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

Hi, neilball.

We are closely working on this issue already. We will send you an update as soon as we have the solution for this. Apologies for the inconvenience.

If you can further explain your concern regarding the Trend Micro Password Manager on Firefox, that would be better. We would be happy to assist you with this.

- TM_Kim

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

220 Points

The Password Manager issue can be fixed by following the Trend Micro advice when the error occurs and that is to additionally install the Security Certificate.

I have the PW manager working on FireFox.

Trend Folk:

There is an issue here, discuss by email

(edited)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

764 Messages

• 

13.6K Points

Thank you for sharing your experience on how to resolve the issue. It is good to know that the Password Manager on Mozilla Firefox is working on your computer, acturner.

In case you need more help, please feel free to reach out to us again.

- TM_Rochelle

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

3 years ago

It is far from impressive that this issue remains after so long! I have been unable to locate anything regarding installing an additional security certificate and have heard absolutely nothing further from TM or anywhere. Seriously not good enough!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

764 Messages

• 

13.6K Points

Hi, neilball

So sorry for the inconveniences but the Trend Micro Toolbar is still currently under development. We are already coordinating with Mozilla Firefox to make it available as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

- TM_Rochelle

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights