Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

Tuesday, October 11th, 2022 1:38 AM

Closed

Trend Micro extension for browser(s)

Question: why do we need to install an extension in browsers as long as TM provides Web protection?

The extension is list based , so other than giving TM the oportunity to monitor our surf habit, I do not see the advantage of installing an extension on top of the native Web shield of TM.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

2 years ago

Hi @claudiubotezatu!

Yes, we need to install the Trend Micro Toolbar in the browsers that we are using. This toolbar works hand in hand with the main Trend Micro Security program and is designed to help us check the websites for any security risks by simply hovering our mouse over the link. That is just one, here are the Features available in Trend Micro Toolbar for Windows

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@tm_kree​ 

Thank you for your answer!

"help us check the websites for any security risks by simply hovering our mouse over the link."

Checking the website for any security risk is done by comparing the website with "a black list"; it is not an inteligent process.

Without "checking", the Web shield should intercept the malicious vector anyway .

(edited)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

@claudiubotezatu 

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass this on to our Product Research and Development Team.

Have a good one!

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@tm_kree​ 

This is not a feedback, it is a question!!!!!

I am curious if you read it before answering.....

(edited)

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights