Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

180 Points

Monday, October 16th, 2017 6:04 PM

Closed

Trend Micro error message

On my new install of Trend Micro I started getting the following error message after two days: " You cannot get started on this until you have finished receiving an update or running a scan. Please try again later." The program will not let me run a scan. It just keeps giving me the same error message.
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

166 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

7 years ago

Hi terryhottman,

Welcome to the community!

I checked on our records and it turns out that you just recently contacted us about this case. Reference number: 1-1-1110562624.

It seems that the case was actually resolved at the end of the call. Would you mind confirming if everything is good to go?

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

180 Points

7 years ago

Yes it seems to be working now. However, when I ran another scan the program froze at 74% completion which seemed to be the underlying problem. I found a way to force the program to stop the scan and complete the updates needed after the program was installed. So far, that seemed to solve the problem of freezing during scans.
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

166 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

7 years ago

Thanks for letting us know what's going on. Would you mind letting us know what particular file is it stopping at? Any screenshots would help out since there is a possibility that this could be an on-going issue we are currently experiencing. If the scan is stopping at a file called PwmSvc.exe then it would confirm our suspicions. If you have anything else in mind please let us know Terry. Thanks!

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

180 Points

I will let you know if I am able to see the file where my scans freeze. I Googled PwmSvc.exe and there seem to be a lot of questions about it. Hopefully I will not have further problems. I have been using Trend Micro for over 20 years.
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

166 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

No worries Terry. If it ever comes up again please let us know. Hopefully you can finally enjoy the rest of the week :)

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights