W
Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

Thursday, May 2nd, 2024 10:41 PM

Trend Micro Antivirus+ does not update automatically?

Hi,

My Trend Micro product does not update automatically. I have tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it, it simply will not automatically update. I left my computer on for 5 days with a stable broadband Comcast connection, and no open programs and it is happy to sit with updates 5 days old and trigger Windows Security Center that its out of date. I have to manually update the program to get updates. 

Is there anyway to make this program update automatically? At this point id settle for a script I can schedule to run the update task periodically. Im at my wits end with this, and i really like the program, but if it never updates on its own i don't know what to do. 

Im running the latest version of Windows 11, all updates and Trend Micro is the only security program, on the computer, Defender is disabled. Any help i could get would be appreciated. Thank you!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

3 months ago

Hi @woodsro0 ,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

Kindly try to check if your Wi-Fi connection is set as metered connection, if yes kindly turn it off.

To turn off metered connection

1. Wi-Fi: In Settings, select Network & internet > Wi-Fi > the Wi-Fi network you’re connected to, then turn off Metered connection.
  2. Ethernet: In Settings, select Network & internet > Ethernet > the network you’re connected to, then turn off Metered connection
  1. Cellular: In Settings, select Network & internetCellular, then turn off Metered connection.

Let me know if you have questions.

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

I have done that, I checked in Windows and the connection isn't metered and doesn't have a data limit on it. What else do you think would cause this?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @woodsro0,

Trend Micro Security checks for scheduled updates every 3 Hours. 

You may also check this article: What updating your Trend Micro program means | Trend Micro Help Center

Can you provide the version of your Trend Micro Security before triggering the manual update and the version after the manual update?

Thank you.

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@woodsro0​ 

Use "Registry editor" from Windows and open these registries:

see if "Enable" is 1, "Delay" has a value ( I set mine to 45 sec) and "Interval"  has also a value  (Again, I set mine to 1800 sec)

To modify these values , you have to exit TM first.

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

@tm_karl​ 

Version before update is 17.8.1192

Version after update is 17.8.1192

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

@claudiubotezatu​ 

Thank you, I went ahead and modified my values to match yours. On mine, the interval key was set to 108000 so not sure why that was, maybe that was the issue?

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights