Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

270 Points

Sunday, January 15th, 2023 6:13 PM

Closed

Resolved

Toolbar Web Site Safety rating (green for OK) only shows up on the first few entries on a search page.

Toolbar Web Site Safety rating (green for OK) only shows up on the first few entries on a search page.  After the first 6-8 entries there is no indication if a site is safe; no color coding at all.  Same on  Chrome and Firefox.  Windows 10.  Trend Micro Maximum Security 5 Devices  All are updated. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

25 Messages

• 

780 Points

2 years ago

Hi @lsrains99! 

Thank you for sharing this in our community. You can clear the cache of your browsers and reboot your router to refresh your internet connection.

The updated Toolbar version is 1.7.1292.0. Here's How to update Trend Micro Toolbars and Extensions on Windows.

Hope this helps!

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

270 Points

@tm_geler​  P.S.  Possible clue as I continue to research - might it be that google results per page is no longer limited? Default used to be 10.  Mine goes on forever.  The recommended slider bar to designate results per page is not there.  Someone suggested google experiment but cannot imagine such a bad experiment!  ....well, I guess I can. lol   Thank you!

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

270 Points

@tm_geler@tm_geler​  I think the problem is new continuous scroll feature which is in U.S. only at this time, and is horrible.  I am surprised others are not complaining about this, as it negates the outstanding features of Trend Toolbar, and causes countless other problems.  If I switch google search to another country, the Toolbar works normally.  Your thoughts or suggestions?  This is probably the beginning of countless, more significant problems. Your thoughts or suggestions?  Unless I find more, all I know to do is to switch search engines, hoping I can find one which accommodate Trend Toolbar.  Thank you!

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@tm_geler​ 

My TM toolbar says 1.7.0.1557.0 even after update ....(Chrome)

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

looks like a newer version. Possibly a new version released recently. Let me check my version

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@tm_geler​ 

The latest version of toolbar is 17.0.1557.0  , Dec 2022

From where did you get 1.7.1292.0   ?

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

270 Points

2 years ago

Thank you!   I have (had done) your suggestions, but in the meantime, have found my problem, but cannot find a solution.  The Site Ratings stop at “Related Searches.”  IF I can find a VIEW ALL option, the search works properly.  Then, I can see site ratings on all search results, and the option at the bottom to go to next page of my Google Search.  The list of pages (to go to next page of search) does not appear automatically at the bottom of my search page, like it used to, unless I can find the VIEW ALL option.  The VIEW ALL option does appear, for example, under the related videos, but I don’t want just videos.  I want to see all search results, with the Toolbar Site rating, just like I used to.  I am thankful that my Toolbar is working, just embarrassed that I cannot find the fix for defaulting to VIEW ALL for every search page.  I hope I have explained this clearly enough.  If you might point me in the right direction, I would be so appreciative.  Since it is not a Toolbar problem per se, I will understand if you do not.  And I will keep trying to find a solution myself.  (Whatever setting has changed this behavior, it is not browser dependent, as I have the same problem in multiple browsers.)  Thanks again!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

25 Messages

• 

780 Points

@lsrains99​ Thank you for testing on your side. We are replicating the issue on our end and if we can reproduce it, we will be submitting a sample to our developers so that they can assess if it will fall under limitation (due to Google Chrome Page result enhancement in the US region) or if a fix will be made and future update version release.

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

270 Points

@tm_geler​   Thank you!  (As I use Firefox more frequently than Google Chrome, I encountered the issue more often with FF, but it occurs with both browsers.)  Thanks again.

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

270 Points

@tm_geler​   Thanks, as always.  FWIW, when I follow the link in your post, the versions I get are:  17.0.1531.0  for Firefox and
17.0.1557.0  for Google Chrome.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

51 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Hi @lsrains99 ,

We have different versions of toolbar.

1. The toolbar that is included with Trend Micro Security. Here are the latest versions.

• Toolbar for Chrome: 17.0.1557.0
  • Toolbar for Firefox: 17.0.1531.0
  • Toolbar for Edge Security 1.7.1292.0

2. The toolbar that is used separately without Trend Micro Security main application.

Toolbar for Edge Security and Security for Chromebook (1.7.1292.0)

We use different toolbar for each browser but all have a same features and capabilities.

For your concern about the pages that don't have site ratings, we're currently replicating it on our end and I'll keep you posted.

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

270 Points

Many thanks for your clarification.  Although I was not the person originally requesting the source of version 1.7.1292.0, I am confident your reply will be most helpful.

Per my previous posts, I believe the issue/problem is not with Trend Toolbar per se, but may be with the new Google continuous scroll feature, which is in U.S. only at this time. If I temporarily switch google search to another country (Canada), the Toolbar works normally.

Thanks again and kind regards.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights