Tips to Spot and Avoid Email Scams
Email is one effective way to communicate with anyone, anywhere. However, this gives cybercriminals the opportunity to use email to steal sensitive information, like bank accounts, passwords, and credit card numbers. Hence, the birth of email scams!
To prevent this from happening to you this 2023, why not start learning more about "How to spot an email scam"?
Here are some ways to recognize a malicious email:
- It came from an infrequent sender.
- It has an urgent call to action or an alarming tone.
- It has unexpected attachments and suspicious links.
- There are multiple spelling errors and bad grammar in the message.
- The email address or domain name is misspelled or altered.
- Email greeting is not personalized or uses a generic format like "Dear madam or sir".
Secure your online presence and learn more about the most common types of scam emails on our Help Center page.
Avoid Email Scams with Trend Micro
Trend Micro analyzes all aspects of emails and messages to give you the best protection against fraud and scams.
I am a Trend Micro Security user
Enable the best Trend Micro settings to protect you from online scams. Follow these guides:
- Protect yourself from scams on Windows.
- Protect yourself from scams on Android.
- Protect yourself from scams on iOS with Web Guard and Fraud Buster.
I don't have Trend Micro Security yet
Install Trend Micro Maximum Security to stop malware, fraud, phishing, email hacking, and other targeted attacks on your PC and online accounts. Get the same protection for your mobile with Trend Micro Mobile Security for Android and Trend Micro Mobile Security for iOS.
Strong passwords can help protect your emails
- Create strong, tough-to-hack passwords with our online Password Generator (also 100% FREE!)