• 

7.6K Points

Tuesday, January 26th, 2021 6:38 PM

Closed

Resolved

Threat Cleanup Minor Error

Hello,

I am reporting a minor cleanup issue.

The highlighted item is a threat that was cleaned, but apparently, not entirely. It was initially not detected, but was then reclassified after my submission.

The startup item should have been removed. The registry entry is located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

This is the detection:

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

231 Messages

• 

4.4K Points

3 years ago

Hi, McMcbrad

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community

Thank you for reporting this issue, The possible reason why Trend Micro why it is not detected is because the file path on the registry is not included in the pattern of reclassification.
What we suggest is for you to go to the file path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, and from there find the detection and remove it.

Just to assure you that you are safe Trend Micro already cleaned the detected file it will no longer run and the only remnant files were left. 

We will also update the pattern of reclassification for this issue to be avoided

Regards
TM_Kar

Superstar

• 

190 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

Thanks. And I believe the root cause analyses graph should be updated too. The url=[] looks like a bug.

(edited)

Superstar

• 

190 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

3 years ago

Also, in the root cause analysis graph, on top, you can see url=[]

It seems that product hasn’t captured the URL properly.

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

231 Messages

• 

4.4K Points

3 years ago

Hi, McMcbrad

Thank you for the feedback we will see to it that this will be added to the reclassification loop
If you have further ideas, please do not hesitate to share them with us. 

Regards
TM_Kar

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights