Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Tuesday, January 16th, 2024 6:48 AM

Closed

System slowdown when Trend Micro is turned on

For the last few weeks I have noticed my systems hanging when either opening applications or the chrome browser, the problem goes away when I right click and exit Trend Micro, this problem has also been reported to me by several clients both Windows 10 & 11.

I have just finished building a system for a client, and the system ran very well until I installed Trend Micro, as now it takes it's time opening applications, I have been using this software for years and have also sold it to my customers, and I have never come across this problem, if it isn't resolved soon we will have no choice but to look elsewhere for an anti virus solution

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

6 months ago

Hi @marksinclair4

Welcome to Trend Micro Users Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention in the community! To dig into this a bit more, could you kindly share the following details?

1. Trend Micro Program Version:
  2. Which programs are affected by this issue:
  3. How long does it take for the program to load when Trend Micro is activated (in seconds or minutes):
  4. How long does it take for the program to load when Trend Micro is disabled (in seconds or minutes):

Once you've provided these details, let's also check if Trend Micro is causing high CPU usage. When Trend Micro is enabled, please gather the following:

• CPU Usage:
  • Device Memory (RAM):
  • Disk Usage:

We appreciate your cooperation and are eager to get this sorted out! Looking forward to your response!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights