Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

170 Points

Saturday, January 8th, 2022 1:23 AM

Closed

Answered

Suspicious File Blocked when building / running code in VS2019.

I keep getting a Suspicios File Blocked message everyting I build and run an application I am running in VB.net in Visual Studio 2019 even though I have made the folder an exception for Trend Micro not to scan in real time.

Originally I had the source code on my NAS server and all was well but the build time is slow over the lan so I mode the source code to a sub folder in My Documents folder. This is when the pop up started. I tried moving the source code to a folder like c:\VS\Projects\Project1 and the pop up still happens.

I know the application is not suspicious and this is happening to any code on the local HDD.

I have made every folder I can think of in the folder structure as an exception in Trend Micro's exception lists and rebooted PC but it seems to ignore these exceptions.

Does anyone have any idea what to do. I can go back to having the source code on my NAS but as I said it makes compiling the app very slow.

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

764 Messages

• 

13.6K Points

3 years ago

Hi, richardvince

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

Please let us know what happened and on what part did you encounter the problem. Also provide us the following information:

1. Trend Micro version:
2. Exact Error message if any
3. Screenshots of the problem if possible

By the way, we recently release the latest version of Trend Micro which is Version 17.7, you may install the latest version for free by clicking this link. 

Awaiting for your response.

- TM_Rochelle

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

170 Points

3 years ago

I did upgrade to 17.7 but this time I said not to enable file protection.

Seems to be working now.

Strange that the version I had installed 17.x did not automatically update.

Thanks for your help.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights