• 

9 Messages

• 

310 Points

Saturday, March 18th, 2023 5:12 AM

Closed

Answered

still stuck on scanning now

still scanning for the past week Trend Micro has a bug, first starting got stuck and now this

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

310 Points

1 year ago

stuck on 36% and does not move

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @simonyahya,

To further assist you with real-time troubleshooting, we have sent you an email. Please confirm if you received it.

Thank you. 

(edited)

Superstar

• 

207 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

@simonyahya​ ask for remote desktop support it may help if someone from Trend Micro checks your PC via remote connection. Also do you have any zip files of 10 or 20 gb data in it ? AVs normally skips the file while scanning such huge files.

(edited)

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

1 year ago

What first answer do you expect other than "reboot your PC, uninstall TM, reinstall it and see if issue persists" ??

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

310 Points

1 year ago

ever since I subscribed and I've been installing and uninstalling, this software is not reliable anymore, any other virus software suggestions please help, did anyone leave trend micro and if so what antivirus did those people choose??????????????

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@simonyahya​ 

Native Defender in Win10 /11 is very good , with a detection rates superior to TM.

And is free.

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

310 Points

1 year ago

send me the link, I installed the trend and it always give me an error msg incomplete and installation error, I think Trend is RIP

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

1 year ago

Hi @simonyahya

Welcome to Trend Micro Users Community!

A possible reason is that the file being scanned is too big. You may want to check out the article created for this issue by clicking Trend Micro Scan is running slow.

All the best!

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@tm_carlo​ 

"A possible reason is that the file being scanned is too big"

Really???

How big this could be if TM was scanning for a week and is only on 36% ???? Sometime makes sense to read before posting.....

Superstar

• 

207 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

@claudiubotezatu​ I have seen other AVs stuck as well. It may happen if the you have password protected archives of 20 or more gb files inside it. Usually any AV skips files of such nature.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights