• 

11 Messages

• 

520 Points

Sunday, November 5th, 2023 5:35 PM

Closed

Startup scan for suspicious file

Recently installed TM antivirus+.

I disabled the option called "scan for suspicious files as the pc starts" because the system startup was significantly slower and the problem has been resolved after disabling it.

So, can this have a negative impact on the level of protection?

My laptop runs on windows 11 powered by core i3 11 gen processor.

Thank you.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

92 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

9 months ago

Hi @rpme1996n 

Welcome to Trend Micro Home User's Community! 

Disabling the "Scan for suspicious files as the pc starts" option will not have a negative impact on your protection level.

Basically it is like setting up an automatic scan upon computer boot up. But if the computer is experiencing slow system start up issue, then it's safe to have it disabled.

In addition, May I suggest you try changing the System Startup settings of your Antivirus instead?

To do that, Open Trend Micro > Settings > Other Settings > System Startup.
From there, you can select Extra Performance. By doing so, your antivirus will wait for your computer to finish loading the system processes first before the antivirus software drivers load themselves.

In this manner, we avoid clogging the CPU usage by setting up priorities on which to load first.

I also suggest you disable those high impact apps that you're not using in your Task manager > startup.

Let me know if my suggestions were able to speed things up even better.

Hotshot

• 

11 Messages

• 

520 Points

@tm_ace thank you so much for the suggestions.

Good to know that disabling that option won't have much impact on the protection.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hi @rpme1996n ,

Thank you for letting us know , if you need any help or you got other questions please do let us know.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights