carolhaslam's profile

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Wednesday, April 3rd, 2019 2:09 AM

Closed

someone has put a bug into my computer - not found by trend scan

just ran scan twice - nothing found - but there is a bug on my cursor somewhere, so someone has put a bug into my computer - not found by trend scan
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

268 Messages

• 

3.5K Points

5 years ago

Hi carol.haslam,

I'm sorry to hear about this experience.

May you please elaborate the issue that you are encountering so we can further troubleshoot the issue?

Awaiting your response.

~Pia

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

5 years ago

My cursor is not going where i want it to go. it floats everywhere, opens and closes windows etc. Somewhere, someone has lobbed a cursor bug into my computer. oldie but a goodie. they ahve been around for years, but it is years since I had one
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

268 Messages

• 

3.5K Points

5 years ago

Have you tried unplugging and plugging it again, carol.haslam? Or using a new mouse just to test if it is really a bug from your computer?

~Pia

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

5 years ago

oh Pia. I am an ex-programmer. Of course I plugged and unplugged it, restarted etc. I don't have a mouse, I use the pad on my notebook. I luckily have a touch screen so have been able to do some work, but every time I touch the pad near the keyboard, the cursor starts all over again.
Brand User

Superstar

• 

650 Messages

• 

8.5K Points

5 years ago

Hi carol.haslam,

Would it be fine if you could tell us the activities or things that you have done on your device before you experienced this incident? Also, include your device information Windows version, computer brand, and age. 

Kindly try to disable the Trend Micro program and analyze if the same issue will persist then enable it again. You may refer to this link on how to: Disabling or enabling your Trend Micro Security software

Let us know how it goes. Thank you

- Ann

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights