greggarro's profile

5 Messages

• 

200 Points

Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016 1:14 AM

Closed

Resource Hog (high CPU and memory)

It just recently started happening. he Trend Micro Anti-Malware Solution is always running and using the resources shown in the task manager
CPU 20-35%+ Memory 320-600MB and the spinning wheel next to the mouse is always spinning now. My laptop runs hotter. I just did the trends upgrade to Win10 and it did not fix the problem

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

8 years ago

Thank you for reporting this issue -- we're starting to see more incidents of this issue. If you have not tried the following solution, please try it and let us know if it helps or not.
(CoreServiceShell.exe is the OS process name for Trend Micro Anti-Malware Solution Platform)

Slow pc performance due to high CPU or memory usage of CoreServiceShell.exe

Thank you!

5 Messages

• 

200 Points

8 years ago

House Call did not find any issues, the problem still exists
Brand User

Hustler

• 

55 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

8 years ago

Sorry the solution we provided did not resolve the problem. What we can do is pass your problem to our support center, where a trouble ticket will be created and a support engineer will work with you to investigate and resolve. If you'd like us to do that, please provide your Trend Micro product version, OS, and basic PC info, and we'll be happy to assist you further.

5 Messages

• 

200 Points

8 years ago

I have Trend Micro Internet Security 2016 just upgraded to 10 yesterday
PC Lenovo Laptop Y510 I7-4700MQ CPU 2.4 GHz 8GB Ram running Windows 10 Home upgraded from 8.1
Brand User

Hustler

• 

55 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

8 years ago

Thank you for providing the information. I will pass your issue to our support center now, and a member of our support center will contact you through email soon.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights