darylrose1's profile

13 Messages

• 

310 Points

Monday, May 16th, 2016 12:31 AM

Closed

Rescue Disk hangs at 92%

I downloaded Trend Micro Rescue Disk.   When extracting the image, it hangs at 92%.  I've tried it several times, and re-downloaded thinking that perhaps I had a bad download.  

When I first double click on the image, I get prompted to allow ActiveX to run.  Perhaps there are settings somewhere that is preventing the image from being extracted?

I am using a Windows 10 Pro machine. 

Thank you.

Daryl 
Brand User

Veteran

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

16K Points

8 years ago

Thanks for reporting this issue. We're sorry to inform you that this free tool is not a feature of Maximum Security, so that it is not within our support coverage. Although Trend Micro does not provide free technical support for Rescue Disk, we do encourage you to provide your feedback and suggestions regarding your experience with this free tool. Here's the feedback page for Rescue Disk:
Provide feedback

Any comments will be much appreciated.

13 Messages

• 

310 Points

8 years ago

Linda,

Thank you for the reply, but I'm very disappointed in the reply.  I guess that since its a "Free Tool" then there is no support, am I correct in that assumption?  Does the Maximum Security provide such a tool?  Something that works? 

Also, the link that you provided does not work.  I get a 404 error when I click on it.

Thank you.

Daryl
Brand User

Veteran

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

16K Points

8 years ago

I deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused. Maximum Security did include this feature in previous versions, but in version 2016, it does not provide a tool to create rescue disk. This utility can still be found in our Diagnostic Tool window as a free utility because it is used by our support engineers during premium service or paid service remote sessions.

Here's the correct link for the feedback form: http://free.antivirus.com/us/feedback/index.html
Here's a web page with more detail on how to use Rescue Disk: http://free.antivirus.com/us/rescue-disk/index.html

Thank you.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights