Superstar

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

Sunday, April 14th, 2024 10:56 AM

Reported "update time" is 1 h ahead

If I manually check for updates TM reports "Last updates check : 4/14/24    7:49:39 AM"  but in reality is 6:49:39 AM

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

3 months ago

Anyone?.....

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

23 Messages

• 

510 Points

3 months ago

Hi @claudiubotezatu 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The discrepancy in the reported 'update time' being one hour ahead is likely due to Daylight Saving Time (DST). During DST, which typically starts in spring, the system clock is adjusted forward by one hour to maximize daylight in the evenings.

While your device's system time may have been adjusted automatically for DST, the reporting mechanism within Trend Micro's software may not account for this change, leading to the one-hour discrepancy you observed. 

Rest assured, this discrepancy does not affect the functionality of the software or the effectiveness of updates. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to let us know.

Trend Micro Community 

(edited)

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@tm_ash​ 

Thank you for your answer!

Any software installed on a PC is supposed to get the time from the PC itself not from somewhere else.

TM is the only antivirus behaving like that!

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@tm_ash​ 

my "Adjust for daytime saving" is off.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

23 Messages

• 

510 Points

Hello @claudiubotezatu 

Thanks for sharing this information. We'll look into it and provide an update as soon as possible.

For the meantime, kindly try to restart the components of the Trend Micro Application and check if the issue persists. 

Here is the steps for restarting the components. 

1. Press the Windows  and R keys on your keyboard to open the Run window.
  2. In the Open field, type supporttool.exe, then click OK.
  3. Click Yes when the User Account Control Window appears.
    The Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit will open.
  4. Click the (C) Uninstall tab.
  5. Click 5. Stop all components.
  6. Wait for 10 seconds or the Trend Micro icon in the taskbar notification area to disappear.
  7. Open Trend Micro Maximum Security.

Let me know how it goes. 

Trend Micro Community

(edited)

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

"try to restart the components"

There is no point restarting "the components" as TM restarts itself after each PC boot.

But why don't you check this on your PC, is easy to reproduce.....

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hi @claudiubotezatu ,

May I know if the Date and time is set as automatic? Or you manually adjusted it while performing Trend Micro Security update? I tried and was able to replicate the said issue on our end, by Opening the Trend Micro Antivirus and trying to do a manual update, after that I manually changed the time of my PC and initiated manual update again , which then showed the same time prior manually changing my device time. If that will be the case, you can try close the Trend Micro Antivirus app first and reopen it again and then perform the manual update and it should adjust the time same as with your PC.

Let me know if this helps.

(edited)

Hustler

• 

119 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

3 months ago

Checked on mine (EDT), time of update matches actual time.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

37 Messages

• 

790 Points

Hi @davevt31 

Thank you for your insight. We really appreciate the helpful comments shared here within the community!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights