Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

180 Points

Friday, April 2nd, 2021 9:33 PM

Closed

Answered

Regarding privacy on Facebook, if I choose Friends only will that include groups I belong to?

Out of nowhere this Privacy Scan thing appears and shows my info available to the Public. If I choose Friends, will that include Groups I belong to on Facebook? I certainly want to be able to find new Friends, join new Groups and those people able to see my posts. Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

3 years ago

Hi denise,

According to Facebook, changing the privacy to Friends (+ friends of anyone tagged) lets you post things to your friends on Facebook. If anyone else is tagged in a post, then the audience expands to also include the tagged person and their friends. If you don't want your photo or post to be visible to the friends of the people you tag, you can adjust this setting. Click the audience selector next to the story, select Custom and untick the Friends of those tagged box.

Source: What audiences can I choose from when I share on Facebook?

As for Privacy Scan it's a feature of the Trend Micro program to optimize your social network accounts security settings. To learn more please visit this page: FAQ: Trend Micro Privacy Scanner on Windows

- TM_Reine

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

180 Points

Thank you, Reine. Very helpful information.

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

You're welcome! just let us know if you have further concerns :)

- TM_Reine

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights