Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

6 months ago

Hi @golfer_paul,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

We are currently investigating this issue. We'll provide an update once the fix is available.

Meanwhile, as we investigate, you may attempt the troubleshooting steps provided below to see if they resolve the issue for you:

Perform ChckDsk :
1. Open the Command Prompt by typing cmd into the desktop search field
2. Select Run as administrator.
3. Type the command chkdsk C: /f

4. Restart the device and see if the issue still persists.

Run SFC Scan
1. Open the Command Prompt by typing cmd into the desktop search field
2. Select Run as administrator.
3. Type the command: sfc /scannow
4. Restart the device and see if the issue still persists.

Let us know if any of these works.

Thank you!

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

Tried all of that... see my comments below, it appears to be some sort of conflict between Trend and Bigpond/Telstra internet

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hi @salesc440d8,

Since the aforementioned troubleshooting steps that we provided didn't work , you can then proceed in reinstalling the Trend Micro Antivirus app.

You can refer to the link below in using our tool to do the clean uninstallation:

https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/article/tmka-18603

After restarting , you can proceed to downloading the installer on the link provided:

https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/resources/

After installing again, check the version if 17.8.1121, replicate the issue by opening affected applications/browser, check if improved.

After the update to 17.8.1145, check again if the same issue will persist.

Let me know if it helps!

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

6 months ago

I have about 6 customers with this exact problem at the moment.

Browser pages not responding, trying to bring up task manager takes ages.

but as soon as i turn of Trend, the computer works perfectly.

The really strange thing is when the customer brings the computer to my shop, it works perfectly, and all so far are using Bigpond Internet...

I'm about to change all my customers to another AntiVirus...

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

170 Points

@salesc440d8

Thanks for that feedback mate as it had me stumped

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

@golfer_paul​ are you with Bigpond for your internet? i am just seeing if all fits with what i have found so far..

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

170 Points

I am with TPG but the interesting thing I noticed a few months ago was that my Notepad items I had stored on my desktop was very slow to open but now with Trend security turned off they are lightning fast again.???  Only had issues with slow "browsing" the last few days especially more so with Firefox.

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

@golfer_paul​ ok, so far i had only had the problem with Bigpond. i am wondering if some of trends anti scam software is getting blocked by some of the ISP's.

The worst thing for me is we sell all our Customers Trend, it will be a major pain to change them all over to something else..

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

6 months ago

oh and in my shop when they worked perfectly on my Aussie Broadband internet. if i disconnected them and connected to a 4G modem running Telstra, they went slow again..

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

170 Points

@salesc440d8​  May be a dump question as I am not a computer nerd but why would Notepad slow down when that's stored on my computer and not using the internet?

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

@golfer_paul​ not dumb at all, and this has been why it has been hard to diagnose, it was actually making my customers computers slow to start up and other none internet related things.

but when Trend is turned off it all came good, or if i used my Aussie broadband internet it was fine as well. it may have been that we have a firewall that might have been blocking something that trend was doing... lets hope the smart people at trend can sort it out..

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights