7 Messages

• 

290 Points

Saturday, May 6th, 2023 11:16 PM

Closed

Resolved

Problems with Resource Excaust since last Update to 17.7.1903

Hy,

Since TM Maximum Securtiy Update to 17.7.1903 i observe hung ups during Gaming in various Games e.g.: Guardians of the Galaxy, Dead Island2,...

Hung Up happens, when Game running about 4-5 Hours. After System Reboot it works fine.

Before the update got installed the game keeps running without crashing the whole time.

In the Time the Hung UP happend i found such a entry in the system Logs:
Resource-Exhaustion-Detector, ID 2004

Windows has diagnosed that the virtual memory is insufficient. The following programs occupied the most virtual memory: coreServiceShell.exe (6032) occupies 30122311680 Bytes, DeadIsland-Win64-Shipping.exe (12528) occupies 9873821696 Bytes and EADesktop.exe (20416) occupies 312377344 Bytes.

Windows has diagnosed that the virtual memory is insufficient. The following programs occupied the most virtual memory: coreServiceShell.exe (6140) occupied 71782252544 bytes, gotg.exe (21196) occupied 12371517440 bytes and EADesktop.exe (7640) occupied 494145536 bytes.

coreServiceShell.exe belongs to TrendMicro as i found out in TaskManager.

My System has 32GB Physical RAM and 32 GB paging file configured.
Windows 11 22H2 22621.1635

Could there be a problem with the new Update?

Thanks for advice!

Best regards!

PS:
I tried already to complete uninstall TM Maximum Security incl. with the uninstall tool, permission fix tool and do a fresh install of TMMS.
Resource Exhaust happend again.
Committed virtual Memory after 1 Hour Computer running ~1GB (IDLE):

The value can go up to ~30GB - 71GB (see Event Log above)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

1 year ago

Hi @DragoNet 

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you but still, thank you for sharing your experience to our community. 

We'll be releasing an update for our product later today to fix the issue in regards with the High Memory Usage, just make sure to update your Trend Micro Maximum Security and kindly monitor if the issue will persist after updating the program. 

Please let us know if you encounter any other issues regarding the software.

Thank you.

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

290 Points

@tm_prima​ 
Thank you for the information. I will monitor the memory usage after the Update!

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

290 Points

1 year ago

Update:
Memory Usage after 8 Hours ~28GB:

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

1 year ago

Same here 29gb of memory used, testing for this version was less than stellar it seems....

I uninstalled the whole suite and will find another alternative.  This has been going on all weekend.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Hi @gauntfield,

Thank you for your patience.

To address this issue, we have released an update on our product. 

Kindly update your Trend Micro program to the latest version. You may follow the steps on this link.

Please let us know if you still encounter any issues after the update.

Hi @DragoNet,

The update is now available. You may try to manually update the Trend Micro program and please let us know if you still encounter any issues with the program.

Regards,

tm_klariz

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

290 Points

@tm_klariz​ After the Update the problem should now be solved!

Thank you!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @DragoNet​, 

That's Great!

Thank you for informing us that this has been resolved already. 

Have a great day!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights