• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Wednesday, January 6th, 2021 6:56 AM

Closed

Resolved

Popups distracting Gaming

I have Trend even set to Mute Mode when in Full screen mode. They pop up and cause me to be distracted and takes the mouse cursor away from any game I'm playing. The pop ups are the basics saying This number of web filters stopped, your PC is in great health, etc... The pop ups don't stop and it is quite annoying

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

4 years ago

Hi dctking08dr,

By default, Mute Mode is automatically enabled whenever you run a program in full screen. It disables Mute Mode automatically when you exit full screen, therefore the notifications should appear after exiting Mute Mode. Can you reconfirm if the same scenario happens when you set Mute Mode manually? 

Please follow the steps under Set up Mute Mode manually from this guide How to use Mute Mode (Trend Micro Security for Windows)

Upon checking your subscription you're still using 16.0 which is the previous version of Trend Micro. Please upgrade to the latest version, here's how to install Trend Micro Security bought from Best Buy.

- TM_Reine

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

So far, I've spent two hours with mute mode Manual. However, Automatic Mute Mode is supposed to do the same thing, so why doesn't it?

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

Hi dctking08dr!

Can you check the current version of the program? Please make sure it's the latest version. 

How to check if you have the latest version (Trend Micro Security for Windows)

- TM_Reine

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Reine, so far I have installed version 17 and thus far it has not popped up during gaming. I hope it stays this way. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!!!

Brand User

Superstar

• 

579 Messages

• 

9.4K Points

Thank you for updating us, dctking08dr.

Let us know in case you need further help.

- TM_Cathy

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights