• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Saturday, February 25th, 2023 8:41 PM

Closed

Answered

Pop Ups to renew subscription that is already renewed

I've already renewed my Trend Micro, but I keep getting pop ups saying that its expired and renewal is required. What do I need to get the program to recognize that the renewal is already complete?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

1 year ago

I have gotten the same message.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @hixkevin  and @meyerdamon1,

This "Renewal Required" pop-up notification is already under investigation here on our end.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of this, but this is to inform you that as long as you see the word "Protected" on your Trend Micro main console and you have the latest version installed, it is working and protecting your device.

We will update this thread once we have received an update from our end.

Thank you. 

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

1 year ago

I have received the same message. I get the same message every year after renewal.

It goes away after awhile.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @maurice​,

Thank you for sharing. May I ask if you are still getting the pop-up notification as of the moment?

keep us posted

Thanks

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

Yes, I received one just this morning.

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

1 year ago

I'm having the same issue--my subscription was auto-renewed on 2/24/23, and it clearly says on the main console that I'm protected and my protection expires 2/24/2024, but this "Expired/Renewal Required" message has been popping up every day since the 24th.

Even before this, after an automatic update a month or two ago, I started getting a pop-up about downloading the Trend Micro toolbar for Google Chrome. I don't use the toolbar, so I clicked "Do Not Show This Again" on the message pop-up, but it keeps popping up again over and over anyway.

This never happened before this recent automatic update, so something about the message system must have been changed in one of the last updates, and that may be the root of the false expired/renewal message people are getting as well.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

140 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

1 year ago

Hi @hixkevin @meyerdamon1 @maurice @darksoul ,

This issue had already been fixed backend. Please try another update and let us know the result.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights