tm_kree's profileBrand User
Trend Security Expert

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Wednesday, March 20th, 2024 6:03 AM

Performance Issues: Programs Slowing Down or Becoming Unresponsive when Trend Micro Security is Enabled

Attention Trend Micro Community!

What Happened?

Customers have reported that apps/programs operate slower when Trend Micro Security is running on their computer, resulting in delays in their usage, and they have also noticed that apps are slower to start up and work compared to before.

What You Need to Know

The problem occurred because a special character was used in the code of a Trend Micro component, which caused incompatibility issues and resulted in the scan functionality problem.

What to Do?

Trend Micro has addressed this issue by releasing a new update on March 19, 2024, with build version 17.8.1192, which resolves the problem.

Recommended troubleshooting steps:
     1. Open the Trend Micro Main Console.
     2. Click "About the Software" to check for the latest update.
     3. After updating, verify that the new version is 17.8.1192.
     4. Test to see if the issue has been resolved and application performance has improved.

Need help?

If you're still having trouble after following the steps, just ask here in our community. Our Trend Micro Experts are here to help you out!

Join the discussion!

Sign in or create an account.

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

130 Points

4 months ago

I am an older person. Do I have a Trend safety policy on my account? Please advise.

Joy Marshall

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

Hi @joybells818​, 

Welcome to Trend Micro Community.

To check if your device are protected by Trend Micro, take a look on your desktop icons if you will see Trend Micro Logo and open it by clicking the icon. To make sure that you are in the latest version, you will see the "Human Icon" on the upper right part of the Trend Micro window and once you open it follow the steps below: 

1.  Click "About the Software" to check for the latest update.
  2.  After updating, verify that the new version is 17.8.1192.
  3. Test to see if the issue has been resolved and application performance has improved.

Please let us know how it goes. 

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

4 months ago

Yet another issue caused from insufficient testing of software updates. Come on TrendMicro, we expect better than this for our hard earned money!!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

Hi @efa11547​ 

We understand your frustration and apologize for any inconvenience caused by the issue that arise from the previous update of the software. We strive to deliver the highest quality products and services to our valued customers like you. Rest assured, we are actively working to address this issue and improve our testing processes to meet your expectations. Your input helps us improve, and we appreciate your continued support

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

4 months ago

Can someone please tell me where to find "About the Software" as I can see nothing on any of the screens that are available for Trend!

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

122 Points

I found it on the Main Console, as a link under the round avatar in the shape of a person in the top right corner.  

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

Hi @whitejv,

We appreciate your interests to make sure that your software is in the latest update. From the instructions and screenshot of @chrisathomsen  we positively sure that you were able to update your software. 

Hi @chrisathomsen,

We want to express our sincere gratitude for your assistance. Your support made a significant difference. Keep it up!

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

Trend Should of shown that screen shot in the first place instead of " you will see the "Human Icon" on the upper right part of the Trend Micro window".

The usual confusing replies we as customers get when trying to solve an issue. Pretty poor when a customer has to explain how to do it!!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @efa11547​,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll enhance our instructions for better clarity.

Thank you.

Hotshot

• 

32 Messages

• 

880 Points

4 months ago

Good customer support, well done Trend Micro!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

Hi @telboy911​, 

This is appreciated! Thank you and we do hope that you were able to update your software too!

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

@telboy911​ They can't even see that a customer had to supply a screenshot to explain the problem in a non confusing way. So much for the EXPERTS !!!

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

122 Points

TrendMicro exist only to get as much of our money as they can. They do not care what happens to us or are data and they sure do not keep their word.  Customers beware.

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

@quiltloverforever​ My thoughts exactly. They were great at first, but have become a Company that leaves a lot to be desired in the last few years, and are quickly turning into just another money making IT Software Cyber Protection Rip Off.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

4 months ago

Every day my Office 365 apps stop working and say my credentials have expired and I need to sign in.  I am signed in but that doesn't solve the problem and then I get a message about authentication protocols. I have cleared the credential manager as Microsoft suggested but that doesn't work.  This happens every day at 2:00 pm.  Could the problem with Trend be causing it?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @bbstage,

I am certain that Trend Micro Security doesn't interfere with Microsoft apps and accounts. However, if you want to check if it's causing the issue, try temporarily disabling Trend Micro and see if the problem persists.

Please follow the instructions in this article to know How to Temporarily Disable Trend Micro Protection on Windows

Let us know how it goes. 

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

No problems with Microsoft today after the update.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

4 months ago

I'm assuming this update needs to be done on each device - would that be correct?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @terryebke​, 

Yes, that is correct. The update should happen automatically. However, if you'd like to check whether you've received the update, please follow the instructions provided in this post.

Thank you!

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

160 Points

4 months ago

I have updated my software and Scansnap still does not open to scan. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hi @psouhrada,

We already rolled out the Auto Update for the Trend Micro Antivirus version (17.8.1192). May I ask if you have the same version as well? If not please update to the latest version, you can refer on the link below as a guide in how to trigger the update:

https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/article/tmka-18640

Will be waiting for your reply.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

160 Points

I installed the update and it seems to work this time; however once before I thought it was fixed. The opening screen kept demanding the update but it would never show the SCAN screen (Scan to folder; Scan to email, etc). Let's see if it works again next time

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

4 months ago

@joybells818​ They leave a lot to be desired. Too many patches and fixes in their software. MAKES ONE WONDER HOW GOOD THEIR EXPENSIVE PROGRAME  REALLY IS!!! And more addon features appearing that they want to charge extra for.

This comment was created from this reply
Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

37 Messages

• 

790 Points

Hi @efa11547 

I understand your frustration with the continues updates. However, patches and fixes are crucial for maintaining the security, stability, and functionality of software. 

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

4 months ago

I have also had the slowdown problem but I am reluctant to open or do anything on your app since I was hacked last year by someone posing as assistance while trying to load on to my second device. I go to my local phone shop for help and they are very helpful. I have to travel  a nd it is not always convenient.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

23 Messages

• 

510 Points

Hi @gaylesplace

Before seeking assistance from a local technician, consider consulting us first.

Visit https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/contact-support/  for our contact information.

Thank you and have a great day.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights