Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

Sunday, November 26th, 2023 8:47 PM

Closed

Pay Guard

I couldnt get rid of pay guard so i did this simple thing.

Remove Trend Micro from my browser, and pay guard is gone.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

8 months ago

Hi @russjudyj

You may also refer to this guide from our Help Center Website:
How to remove Trend Micro Pay Guard | Trend Micro Help Center

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

220 Points

@tm_chris​ Do exactly what russjudyj and I did before your computer burns out. Delete Trend Micro completely from your Control Panel "UNINSTALL TREND MICRO AND ALL OF IT'S PROGRAMS COMPLETELY". It will take about an hour depending on how fast your processor is. Make sure you have your license number on hand and at the ready. Reconnect with Trend Micro and follow the instructions for downloading. I would recommend you let your computer rest for a couple of hours before you restart and delete all of Trend Micro. You are going to see Pay Guard sneak back in but delete it from your computer immediately so that it does not have a chance to propagate in your computer again. Also delete it from your extensions because it will ask you to reload it from your extensions. DO NOT AND I CAN NOT STRESS IT ENOUGH DO NOT LET THE PROGRAM SIT IN YOUR COMPUTER FOR MORE THAN 15 MINUTES. Delete it from your extensions; your desktop; your program files and anywhere else you see it. The problem with the program is NOT FIXED. I have been in touch with the Tech Support Supervisor, and they cannot figure out what is going on. Microsoft says it's not them; Google says it's not them; Foxfire which I don't have says it's not them; Google Chrome which is in another building from Google regular says it's not them; no one seems to know but as I told the supervisor "Someone knows, and this is a good way to steal credit card information." This is the holidays keep an eye on your credit cards and bank statements. She (Mrs. Walsh) agreed. 

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@eddysandra1955​ 

"before your computer burns out."

IMHO , you should stick with Windows Defender, your ability to handle a PC is deeply impaired....

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hi @claudiubotezatu ,

We acknowledge your thoughts about our product, removing payguard doesn't require you to remove the Trend Micro Antivirus as well, you can as mentioned by Chris above you can refer to this link : How to remove Trend Micro Pay Guard | Trend Micro Help Center for the steps.

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

@tm_vince​ none of the options work, the check marked areas are grayed out.

I Uninstaller and reinstalled still nothing.

I have used T/M for years and this is the first issue I've had with it. Very dissapointed with this.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Hi @russjudyj,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered with our Pay Guard. Could you please provide details about the issue you experienced? This will help us thoroughly investigate from our end to determine if it's a new issue that needs attention. Your input will contribute to finding a proper resolution for other customers facing similar problems with Pay Guard.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

220 Points

8 months ago

I did the same thing, but I also contacted them to let them know that I had to delete Pay Guard. All I was trying to do was look for pillow stuffing at Target and Pay guard would not shut down. It made my computer overheat and almost set it on fire. If I didn't have the wear-with-all like you, they would have been buying me a brand-new laptop that I just bought 2 months ago. I could not even contact tech support to ask for help. It would not let me type on my keyboard or do anything. I pulled the plug, let it cool down for 2 hours then booted it back up but took out Trend Micro first before I even signed into my email or the website to let them know I took it off. This is insane and I am wondering if it is an issue with Google Chrome or Microsoft. Microsoft Security kept telling me to download Pay Guard from their website, but I said, "No Way". I got hacked from their website and don't trust them either. Technoloy is getting too dangerous and can't be trusted at all. I am done with my shopping now anyway, so I am good but other people need to be aware of the issue. 

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

8 months ago

So eddysnadra1955, i did not remove Trend Micro from my computer!!

In my browser i removed the extensions Trend Micro extension

from the browser. Restarted my system and pay guard was gone.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

220 Points

I couldn't do that because Pay Guard would not let me do anything it just kept running and running and running. I had to pull the plug on my computer and let it cool down before I could do anything. It would not even let me send a message via email to Trend Micro. Forget trying to contact tech support Pay Guard kept shutting down the tech support window.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hi Everyone !

A new update is available for your Trend Micro Antivirus, this should fix the issue for Trend Micro Payguard keeps opening multiple browser tabs. The new Trend Micro Antivirus version is 17.8.1139. If you have this version already you can still try to update your app, as the implemented update will not change the current version of the app, which is again : 17.8.1139.

How to update? You can refer to the link below:

https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/article/tmka-18640

Hope this helps!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights