• 

20 Messages

• 

640 Points

Wednesday, January 27th, 2021 2:42 AM

Closed

Resolved

Pay Guard deletes cart

Whenever I open an online order page in Pay Guard, my cart has been emptied even though the goods I've ordered are still in the cart in the non-Pay Guard page. This defeats the purpose of Pay Guard and means I have to disable Data Theft Protection temporarily so that I can pay in the non-Pay Guard page. Unless this and other problems are fixed I will have to switch to a more reliable AntiVirus program.

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

3 years ago

Hi grahamcwitt,

As mentioned by bvasilev you'll need to launch Pay Guard first and use it as a browser. You'll have to treat Pay Guard as a separate browser, it's the same logic as having two different browsers that act independently. For example - Pay Guard will not have the same items on the cart with a newly opened Mozilla Firefox. This is unless you have an account on the shopping site and the items are stored there. Please reconfirm if that's the scenario. 

Re: This defeats the purpose of Pay Guard and means I have to disable Data Theft Protection temporarily so that I can pay in the non-Pay Guard page.

The main purpose of Pay Guard is to be an extra layer of protection when banking or shopping online. It protects you against browser injections and other threats to your identity or security.

Even if you're using Pay Guard, the Data Theft Prevention feature should notify you if your information is used. For greater filtering and prevention of false-positive notifications, type the last 8 digits of your credit card number on the Data Theft Prevention feature.

For more information about this please see Popup: Transfer of Protected Data Blocked (Trend Micro Security for Windows)

- TM_Reine

Hotshot

• 

20 Messages

• 

640 Points

Thank you, Reine. That makes sense.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

3 years ago

Thank you for notifying us, grahamcwitt. This is not a usual behavior of the program. May we know what browser are you using, also its version?

We'll have this checked as well.

- TM_Kath

Superstar

• 

190 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@katherine_turqueza I can reproduce this issue on my computer as well. I believe to move the cart to the new browser it has to copy the cookies. I am not sure if that's even possible.

PayGuard is probably designed to be launched before you add your products to the cart.

(edited)

Hotshot

• 

20 Messages

• 

640 Points

Thank you, @katherine_turqueza. Firefox v84.0.2.

Brand User

Superstar

• 

579 Messages

• 

9.4K Points

3 years ago

You're welcome, grahamcwitt.

Let us know if you have further questions.

- TM_Cathy

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights