• 

31 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Monday, November 6th, 2023 7:52 AM

Closed

Need Help with HPC Computing Setup - Experiencing Performance Issues

Hey everyone,

I've recently set up a High-Performance Computing (HPC) system for my research work, but I seem to be encountering some unexpected performance hiccups. Despite having invested in what I believe to be a robust HPC setup, I'm not achieving the desired results in terms of processing speed and efficiency.

My configuration includes a robust 4U rack server, multiple blade servers, and a well-established storage area network (SAN). I've also incorporated the latest data management solutions and Ethernet switches for optimal data transfer. However, the processing speed doesn't match up to the standards I was hoping for.

Could it be an issue with the way the HPC system is configured, or perhaps there's an underlying problem with the software or compatibility? I'm particularly interested in hearing from those with expertise in HPC computing or anyone who has encountered similar challenges in the past. Any advice, troubleshooting tips, or suggestions for optimization would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to your insights and guidance.

Thanks in advance!

Charlie

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

9 months ago

Hi@charliekthrn 

It's crucial for these different components to function at consistent speeds and performance levels. If they fail to maintain synchronization, high-performance computing (HPC) becomes unattainable, and the entire system will encounter issues. In setting up this kind of system, you should consider that the servers must efficiently handle data ingestion and processing from the storage components, while these components should be capable of efficiently providing data to the servers to facilitate HPC. Similarly, the networking components must enable seamless, high-speed data transfer between the other elements.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other insights regarding this.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights