• 

13 Messages

• 

700 Points

Tuesday, September 19th, 2023 8:38 AM

Closed

Need Help Verifying Display or Video Issue in Windows Safe Mode

Hello Trend Micro community members,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm encountering an issue with my monitor that I believe might be related to my display or video settings, and I'm hoping some of you experienced users can offer some guidance.

The Problem:
My monitor sometimes exhibits strange behavior, such as flickering, color distortion, or even complete blackouts, when I'm using my computer. I suspect this might be related to my display or video settings, but I'm not entirely sure. It's frustrating, and I'd like to identify the root cause of the issue.

My Approach:
To troubleshoot this problem, I'm considering two approaches, and I'd appreciate your input and suggestions on these:

Testing in Windows Safe Mode: I plan to boot my computer into Windows Safe Mode to see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, I assume that some third-party application or driver might be causing the problem. If it still occurs in Safe Mode, it could be a hardware or core Windows issue.

Testing with Different Applications: I'll also experiment by using various applications to see if the issue is application-specific. For example, I'll try watching videos, playing games, and using different software to determine if the problem is consistent across all applications.

My Questions:

Have any of you encountered similar monitor issues before?
Do you have any additional troubleshooting steps or recommendations?
Can you suggest any specific applications or tests I should run to help diagnose the problem?
Are there any known conflicts between Trend Micro software and display/video drivers that might be worth investigating?
I'm open to any advice or insights you can provide to help me resolve this issue. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards,

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

10 months ago

Hi @stellagomez0102 , 

Thank you for sharing this with the community! 

You might consider hardware issues with this since you are encountering flickering and discolorations on your computer monitor. 

But if you want to further investigate, here are some steps that I can recommend:

1. If you suspect that the issue is between Trend Micro Security and your computer video settings, you may temporarily disable Trend Micro on your computer. and test if the issue still persists; if yes, this means that it is not an issue with Trend Micro.
  2. You may follow the steps provided on Microsoft Support for troubleshooting screen flickering in Windows and fixing screen flickering in Windows.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights