afsec9's profile

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

Friday, May 6th, 2016 10:47 AM

Closed

Need changes to allow for better game play.

I am running an intensive game Diablo III. Since I installed TrendMicro Maximum Security 2016 my game is lagging regularly. The game never lagged until I installed the software. Is there a possibility of making specific changes to allow for better game play?

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

8 years ago

We're sorry to hear your feedback. We definitely want to help you to improve your gaming quality! 

As you're a valued subscriber of our premium support service, we would like to directly pass this issue to our premium support center. Someone from the premium support service center will contact you soon to assist you. Thank you.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

8 years ago

WHEN?

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

8 years ago

grrrrrrrrrrrr

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

8 years ago

@LADYHONJ Hi there - if there's something we could help you with, please let us know. Thanks!

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

Here is the situation. 

I had a Trend Micro technician work with me over the phone. In the end after trying everything we could think of with Trend Micro we wound up turning off Trend Micro during game play to stop the video lagging and rubber banding due to Trend Micro's aggressive new products. This is where I am at.

I have been using Trend Micro for many years.

My new computer is an ASUS ROG-G752VY notebook. 8 GB DDR5 GeForce GTC 980M video, NVE 256 GB SSD, plus an internal 1TB extra hard drive, and lastly 36 GB of ram. It is an exceptional gaming notebook.

The Problem
I lowered the frame rate to 8 frames ps. That helped some. But the problem seems to be that consistently every few minutes there comes a two-three second lag from Trend Micro software. It appears that the software is using some software to contact the internet during the lags. We saw this on the task monitor as Trend Micro suddenly spikes to 8% CPU usage during these lags. And if you are wondering Diablo III is in the exception list in the Trend Micro software. No other software is on this new machine except for Trend Micro and Diablo III. The new machine is only two weeks old and I ordered it custom built from ASUS USA. 

Temporary Solution
In the end, when I turn off Trend Micro the lagging and rubber banding issues are completely gone and no CPU spikes. I can play all day with no lagging and rubber banding of the video. Diablo III is using the internet constantly like most internet games -- so poor internet provider connection, high frequency band width usage from advanced games are a real problem for the antivirus/malware software industry.

As a user you can lock down your computer tight as a drum with Trend Micro but the cost is video problems for dedicated gamers. Now I cannot play my hardcore  character for fear of the rubber banding and lagging which could leave my character dead by the time the lagging and rubber banding is over. This is a show stopper for me. I have a few hundred hours in the character. When the character dies that it. You have to start all over. 

If Trend Micro cannot come up with a solution for intensive games with Trend Micro turned on then I will have to change to another product.  

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

8 years ago

We understand your frustration and have passed your feedback to our product development team.

As another potential work-around, we have seen our Japan customers place the game servers in Trend Micro Security’s Website (not program) Exception List. The challenge with this is you’ll have to obtain the server names or IPs in URL format somehow. Please see the “Add or Block Websites” section in the help doc below for details:
Configuring the Exception List of Trend Micro Security software

Please let us know if this helps at all. Thank you, and apologies again for not being able to provide a more acceptable solution at the moment.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights