Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Wednesday, November 10th, 2021 1:42 AM

Closed

Answered

Names of protected devices don't match (Windows vs Trend Micro account)

I have TrendMicro Max Protection with 5 devices available, and it is running, up to date, on 3 devices. But, the names for protected devices, in my Trend Micro account, do not match the names shown in Windows for the PCs that (actually) run the program. One name matches; 2 other devices are protected but have different names in Explorerthan anything shown in the Trend Micro account; and Trend Micro shows 5 devices total. I believe some of the devices named in Trend Micro as protected, are old/unused PCs. But it seems I gave the PCs different names in Trend Micro than are shown in Windows for them. So I'm having trouble sorting which devices I should delete from Trend Micro (so I can install it in others), and which I should simply rename for better identification. Is there a way to tell "which is which" where the "names" don't match?

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

3 years ago

Hi @tedkerin,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

Device names under your Trend Micro account and your Windows PC can be different as you have the option to change it from the Trend Micro program during the installation and on your Trend Micro account.

To identify devices under your account, you will have to go to the PC where Trend Micro is installed and check it from there by following the steps below: 

1. Open Trend Micro program.

2. Click the silhouette of a man at the top right corner.

3. Click Subscription Information. You'll see there the device name.

I hope this helps.

- TM_Kath

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

@tm_kath Thank you so much!  That was very helpful. Your answer will definitely let me get everything sorted. Thanks again!

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

231 Messages

• 

4.4K Points

Hi, @tedkerin

Thank you for letting us know that your concern is now resolved
If there is anything else we can help you with please feel free to let us know
Have a nice day!

TM_Karr

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

3 years ago

Edit: If this is a clue, 3 of the devices shown in my Trend Micro account have an "x" in the box along with the device name.  This means Trend Micro shows only 2 PCs with no "x", yet I actually have 3 devices with Trend Micro installed and working (only one of which has a name in Windows that matches the name shown in my Trend Micro account). Thanks for any help.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights