Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

240 Points

Friday, December 8th, 2023 5:34 PM

Closed

My scansnap iX-1600 is being blocked by Trend Micro

I have purchased a replacement desktop scanner (Fujitsu iX-1600} to replace an old, similar scanner ( Scansnap S-1500 ).  

I had trouble installing it, until I closed Trend Micro (TM), now I can't scan without Trend Micr turned off.  The scanner service team advise me that this is a well known compatibility problem but had no advice on how to get round it.  I have added the scansnap functional folders to the exemption list on TM but the problem persists,  Is there a known fix?

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

260 Points

7 months ago

It sounds like you'll probably need to contact ScanSnap tech support to help with that. 

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

7 months ago

@Trend

Does trend know what antivirus firewall exceptions list is for scan snap so it can be added correctly to the antivirus to prevent issues? 

Or is the issue fixed with the update?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

7 months ago

Hi Everyone!

Currently, we are still working on fixing the issue and we will provide an update once we are able to solve the issue. Most likely we will roll out an update for the Trend Micro Antivirus to fix it for everyone.

We appreciate everyone's great patience and understanding!

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

260 Points

7 months ago

This has gone on a really long time now. Even with the workaround, the problem should be fixable by now.  Realistically, when do you expect to have a solution you push out to all Trend users?

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

7 months ago

We are almost at 4 weeks marker. What did Trendmicro figure out to resolve it? We are all ready for the answer.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

7 months ago

@jkazan @drsaylerboylan 

We apologize for the inconvenience. We created a fix and are currently testing it. We'll be releasing an update to the program around the latter part of the month after properly testing and making sure that it fixes the issue properly.

As always, thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

It has been over 2 months since this issue was raised.  Could you please give us an update on the status of this fix?

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

260 Points

Trend released the fix ~ a month ago.  I'm not sure why I'm getting the question - I'm just a customer, not a Trend employee.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hi @nlafond ,

We already have released a hotfix for the issue. You can go to the link below to download the hotfix:
Scanner Software Not Working When Trend Micro Security is ON | Trend Micro Help Center.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

The quickest solution is to change antivirus. The hotfix does not work and gives errors.
This is already taking far too long.
With bitdefender antivirus, it does work.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

Hi @infovsr​,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community. 

Thank you for taking your time to dive into this topic, and we really understand your decision. We do hope that you are always safe on your online journey! 

Keep safe!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights