Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Monday, December 11th, 2023 3:13 PM

Closed

My Scan Snap no longer works after the latest update. Turning Trend off and it works

Talked with Scan Snap support since my scanner quit connecting.  They said Trend Micro's latest update is blocking it.  I turned off Trend and the scanner works perfectly.  I've been using this scanner for years.  How can I change Trend to make it work with Trend turned on

Hotshot

• 

16 Messages

• 

500 Points

8 months ago

I reported the same problem.  Hope they resolve it.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Hi @demoore007  and @david_tursky​,

Thank you for reporting it. We are already aware of this issue, and it is being investigated on our end.

As a temporary measure, you may choose to temporarily deactivate the program while using the affected application. However, please be aware that during this period, the device will not be fully protected. Remember to re-enable the program once you have finished using the affected application.

Rest assured that we will provide an update as soon as we have more information. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and thank you for your understanding.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

I appreciate you looking into this.  As of now I turn Trend off.  Open the Scan Snap home screen, scanner starts working.  Then I turn Trend back on.  It works like it has for years until I reboot my laptop.  I'm not sure how long this work around will last. 

Hopefully you will get this resolved soon.   

Hotshot

• 

16 Messages

• 

500 Points

I added the PFU folders in C:\ProgramData and C:\Program files x86 to the TrendMicro EXCEPTION list (Under DEVICES>SECURITY SETTINGS).  It seems to have resolved the issue.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hi @demoore007 ,

Adding the PFU folders with the path files C:\ProgramData and C:\Program files x86 to the TrendMicro EXCEPTION list (Under DEVICES>SECURITY SETTINGS), Will resolve the issue that you are encountering. Thank you for sharing this @david_tursky .

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

7 months ago

It is now 31 Dec and this problem has not been rectified by Trend. Untenable to turn off security just to scan.

When will there be a fix?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

Hi @sueb14acb,

We apologize for the delay in resolving this concern. Our developers are actively investigating its root cause and working swiftly on a solution, particularly as this has impacted several customers. 

As of now, we could attempt a workaround by adding the scanner to the exception list or unchecking 'Check if programs try to make unauthorized changes to system settings that could threaten your security.' This option can be found in Scan Preferences within Security & Tuneup Controls under Settings. Once the scan is completed, it's important to re-enable this setting.

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this process. 

​ 

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

I cannot use scanner, even with Trend disabled.

Not good enough. Yesterday would be ideal.

No patience. No understanding.

(edited)

Hotshot

• 

16 Messages

• 

500 Points

Adding the PFU folders with the path files C:\ProgramData and C:\Program files x86 to the TrendMicro EXCEPTION list (Under DEVICES>SECURITY SETTINGS), Will resolve the issue that you are encountering.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hi @david_tursky ,

Thank you for sharing what worked for you! 
And yes , to confirm; the steps you provided should work.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

@david_tursky​ 

Saw your earlier advice. But doesn’t this effectively disable security protection? Not comfortable with that.
and what is a PFU folder? Not a techy. Just a user.  

Really, Trend created the problem which means I can’t use a piece of equipment I rely on.  They need to fix, pronto. 
I have a scanner for a reason. 
noted that they’ve been working on this for over a month. 
I just need to work. 
Cheers 

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights