Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Thursday, November 30th, 2023 7:09 AM

Closed

My laptop is extremely slow after updating trend micro as prompted.

My laptop is extremely slow after updating trend micro as prompted. The computer was absolutely fine previous it is clearly due to the program. How do i fix immediately?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

8 months ago

Hi @katecanfield23

It is not normal that you are experiencing slow computer performance after updating Trend Micro on your computer.

You may i
solate the issue by temporarily disabling protection on Windows and seeing if the issue still persists. If it improves, it is possible that the Trend Micro program is the reason for it being slow.

If it does not improve, you may improve computer performance with a PC health checkup.

Hope this helps!

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

6 months ago

I have the exact same problem on over 100 different computers. So it is most definitely a Trend Micro problem that needs to be fixed. My solution for now is to move away from Trend completely. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

Hi @rcsinps​, 

Thank you for letting us know about the issue involving Trend Micro.

To help with our investigation, may we know what product are you currently using?

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

Trend Micro Internet Security 17.8.1145 and Trend Micro Maximum  on Windows 7, Windows 10, and Windows 11

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @rcsinps,

Is this issue impacting specific programs or applications? If so, could you please specify the names? Additionally, did you notice high CPU usage for the affected applications or browsers while Trend Micro was running?

Furthermore, when Trend Micro is enabled on your device, we'd appreciate it if you could provide the following information:

CPU Usage:
Device Memory (RAM):
Disk Usage:

Hope to hear from you soon!

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

6 months ago

I am having the exact same issue. Every since purchasing Trend Micro my laptop has been painfully slow and impossible to work with. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @jake,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

To know more about this matter, are you experiencing extended loading times when opening specific applications? If yes, what are these applications?

Also, did you notice high CPU usage for the affected applications or browsers while Trend Micro was running?

Furthermore, when Trend Micro is enabled on your device, we'd appreciate it if you could provide the following information:

CPU Usage:
Device Memory (RAM):
Disk Usage:

Please provide the current version of your Trend Micro program as well.

Thank you!

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

To know more about this matter, are you experiencing extended loading times when opening specific applications? If yes, what are these applications?

Google Chrome, Adobe, Outlook, General Windows apps.

Ram: 16GB

Not sure where to find the other items.

Trend Micro Device Security Pro.
Also find it slowing when it automatically connects to VPN. I turn this off in settings but seems to revert back to on at beginning of each day.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hi @jake ,

To complete the information we ask above, you can check your PC specifications via following the steps below:

1. Click the Windows icon in the lower-left. Then, click Settings (the gear icon).
  2. Click System.
  3. Now click About. It's on the left-side navigation and you may have to scroll.
  4. An information screen will display letting you review your computer specs.

If you want to troubleshoot the issue you can try to perform the steps below and see if the issue still persists :

Restart Trend Micro Components 
    1. Open Diagnostic Toolkit
    2. Click (C) Uninstall Tab and Click Stop Components
    3. On Step 2 Click Delete Now to delete security update files
    4. On Step 3 Click Delete Now to delete Trend Micro Proxy files
    5. Click Start Components and monitor the issue for around 10-15 mins

Let me know if you have any questions.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

6 months ago

me too... my computer/s are now unworkable. Unless Trend fixes fast, I'm dumping the product

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

6 months ago

I have now disabled TrendMicro and my computer is back to lightning speed for all apps. Diagnostics are remarkably straight forward: "Turn off TRENDMicro and see what happens" Problem solved instantly. SO, what's TrendMicro going to do to help us ?

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

My old HP AIO started to slow down a few weeks ago. The Task manager process showed a lot of activity with Trend Mirco with no applications chosen running. Of course, others were running in the background as usual. As it was about 10 years old, I lashed out and bought a new computer this week (windows 11 would not work on my old HP anyway).

I loaded trend micro first and everything I tried to load after, stalled. (bricked is the term I believe) Uninstalling EVERYTHING then loading my key programs without Trend protection is now as good as it gets.

FOOTNOTE. some 15 years ago if my memory serves me correctly, an update by Trend locked out all PCs using it and they then sent a link through about a week later to debug it.

I have read other experiencing simalar problems with Trend lately, so I will now try another product, as I really like the speed I have on My new desktop.........

I think the current change from internet explorer to Edge and windows 10 to 11 is causing software conflicts, that Trend cannot cope with at this time.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hi @mrayward ,

Since the aforementioned troubleshooting steps that we provided didn't work , you can then proceed in reinstalling the Trend Micro Antivirus app.

You can refer to the link below in using our tool to do the clean uninstallation:

https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/article/tmka-18603

After restarting , you can proceed to downloading the installer on the link provided:

https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/resources/

After installing again, check the version if 17.8.1121, replicate the issue by opening affected applications/browser, check if improved (Please take note in the PERTS if there's improvement)

After the update to 17.8.1145, check again if the same issue will persist

Let me know if it helps!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights