• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Monday, March 20th, 2023 1:16 PM

Closed

Answered

Mute Notification is Off Notifactions Keep Popping Up

The mute notification is off keeps popping up even though I'm using my computer usually and did not exit a fullscreen mode. Is there anything wrong with the application or is this an indication that my computer may be compromised?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

22 Messages

• 

630 Points

1 year ago

Hi @ongxintong1999 

Thank you for raising this in our community.

The reason that you are getting that pop up is because Mute Mode has been ON for 24 hours after extending it manually. Trend Micro does not allow enabling Mute Mode for this long as you might miss important updates, scans, and detection notifications.

For more details, you can check this article Mute Mode Has Been Turned Off pop up from Trend Micro.

To turn ON Mute Mode on Windows, you may visit this article https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/article/tmka-19819

Hope this helps!

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

@tm_cassie​ Hi Cassie, I've checked and I did not manually turn on mute mode. Furthermore, the pop ups appear every few minute, and not after 24h.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

35 Messages

• 

750 Points

Hi @ongxintong1999,

For the Mute mode, it has been automatically enabled upon the installation of Trend Micro Security that's why it has been turned on initially, you may follow the steps provided on fixing this issue Mute Mode Has Been Turned Off pop up from Trend Micro and please let us know if you still need our help, thanks.

tm_glenn

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

1 year ago

I also keep getting this notice and it is very annoying. My subscription is coming up in 21 days and I am not sure if I will renew. Not only do I keep getting this notice, I now do not have Micro Trend on the top task bar when I open Microsoft Edge which has happen before again very annoying and unreliable.

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

1 year ago

I got the solution. From the menu

I) Click DEVICE

İİ) Click MUTE MODE CONFIGURE

İİİ) Make sure that "Start Automatic Mute Mode while in full screen mode" is not chosen

I hope this helps.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

35 Messages

• 

750 Points

1 year ago

Hi @omersayli,

Thanks for the idea.

Hi @srhecht96, for more configuration on the issue you have experienced, you may check this website: Mute Mode Has Been Turned Off pop up from Trend Micro, please let us know if you still need our help on this one, thanks.

tm_glenn

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights