• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Sunday, August 14th, 2022 9:59 AM

Closed

Resolved

Mute Mode always on therefore blocking updates

Hi, Trend Micro tells me that there is an important update available and to press update to disable mute mode and update, however it then takes me to check for updates and tells me to check for updates disable mute mode. So, I go into Device > Mute Mode > Configure and the switch is turned off, however the main menu tells me mute mode is on. Another thing, every 2 hours it tells me Mute Mode has ended, however when I open the main console it tells me mute mode is on. I am worried that I am missing product updates and cannot update.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

2 years ago

Hi, @ofall0!

Thank you for sharing your experience here in our community. This is not the usual behavior of the program. There shouldn't be any issues in manually installing the updates. 

To resolve this here's what we're going to do. We will remove corrupted program updates so we can install the new ones.

• Temporarily disable Trend Micro in the Diagnostic Toolkit, open the toolkit, go to Uninstall Tab, and tap on #5.
  • From the same tab, you will find the option to delete the security updates, tap the #2 and #3 buttons.
  • Close the Diagnostic Toolkit
  • Restart your computer to turn on Trend Micro Security.
  • After restarting, try to install the updates again. If you encounter the same issue, proceed with the next step.

Check the program's permissions using the Trend Micro Permission Tool, click the link.  It will take you to our support page where you can find the tool and the instructions. After restarting, try to install the updates again.

Let us know how it goes,

(edited)

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights