Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Thursday, March 28th, 2024 5:47 PM

Multiple Windows Opening in Edge and Google

I was getting multiple windows open on some website like Bank of America and Amazon. This only started happening recently. At first I thought it was a virus but after much testing and making changes I discovered it was Trend Micro Password Manager causing this to happen if you install the manager extension on either Edge or Google. This seems a big weakness in the software, does anyone know how to fix as i like usings password manager.

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

4 months ago

Are you using the "Trend Micro Toolbar" extension?  If you are, it could be "Pay Guard" 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

4 months ago

Hi @johnhlavender

Welcome to Trend Micro Users Community!

Is your Trend Micro Pay Guard set up to automatically open when accessing banking websites? If yes, the issue you have encountered could be happening because the Trend Micro Password Manager installed inside the Pay Guard is outdated.

You can replace the Password Manager extension with this version on the affected browser. Install the new extension from this link and then check if the issue still persists.

Please let us know how it goes!

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

I tried that version, it still does the same thing. I am, not using Pay Guard. Its not a big problem, I can use the Microsoft password manager.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

am not using pay guard.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

@johnhlavender​ 

Kindly ensure that Trend Micro Password Manager is updated to the latest version. You may download the latest version by clicking here.

Should the issue persists after updating to the latest version, you may follow the steps on the link provided below.

Trend Micro Pay Guard Keeps Opening New Tabs

Hope this helps.

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

130 Points

@tm_klariz​ Hi. I have the same problem. I have checked for Trend Micro program updates and have the latest installed.

Since it still opens multiple tabs, I have also installed the patch.

"file: Ti_1780_win_en_uiProtectedBrowser_hfb1151.exe."

The patch did not work for me.

This only happens for the Bank of America website. This website is not listed in Trend Micro where I list websites that automatically open Pay Guard.

Thanks for the help

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

15 Messages

• 

350 Points

Hi @dickveik 

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community! 

Since you mentioned that you have tried to install the patch but it did not work, have you tried to disable the Trend Micro Password Manager inside of the Payguard?

If no, please follow the steps below:
1. Open the Payguard.

2. Click the Menu icon ( ⋮ ) in the upper-right corner, then select Extensions

3. Choose Manage Extensions.

4. Locate for the Trend Micro Password Manager extension, then click Remove

5. Check if the issue still persist

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more help.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights