• 

2 Messages

• 

280 Points

Saturday, October 9th, 2021 9:03 PM

Closed

Resolved

Make Scans less annoying

Please stop the pop up alert before a scan starts it's annoying and sometimes is in the way with what I'm reading or doing on my laptop and have to dismiss it or tell it to start the scan manually. I know the scan will be starting soon because that's the time I chose for it to start, I don't want to be told a scan is starting. Some might like the alert, but I find it to be unnecessarily redundant and annoying.

There needs to be an option for when the scan starts automatically it will run minimized so users don't have to manually minimize the scan window to continue what they're doing. Since first signing up for Trend Micro Maximum Security in 2019 I have had my scan set to run every evening at 10pm and never once have I been alerted there was a problem when the scan was complete. That is a great thing!

When the scan is done it would great if it would close itself automatically if the scan results are excellent. Have the option to chose a lower level scan result for when to make the scan window appear so the user can resolve the problem. Thank you for your time to read and consider my suggestions.

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

361 Messages

• 

5.4K Points

3 years ago

Hi, @shepherd!

You may turn off this notification by configuring the Scheduled Scan Settings. Here's how:

1. Open Trend Micro then click Settings (gear icon)

2. Select Security & Tuneup Controls > Scheduled Scans.

3. Untick the box for the option to Notify me before a scheduled scan start

We appreciate your feedback and we will take note of your suggestion and see how we can incorporate them into future updates. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to post your concern on this channel.

~TM_Cha

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

280 Points

3 years ago

Thanks for that info. Now if the program can be updated so scans start minimized automatically so users don't have to manually minimize the scan window to continue what they're doing. Since first signing up for Trend Micro Maximum Security in 2019 I have had my scan set to run every evening at 10pm and never once have I been alerted there was a problem when the scan was complete. That is a great thing!

When the scan is done it would be great if it would close itself automatically if the scan results are excellent. Have the option to choose a lower level scan result for when to make the scan window appear so the user can resolve the problem. Thank you for your time to read and consider my suggestions.

Brand User

Superstar

• 

579 Messages

• 

9.4K Points

Thank you, shepherd.

Just let us know if you have further questions. Have a great day!

- TM_Cathy

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights