junereid8's profile

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Friday, May 6th, 2016 7:17 AM

Closed

License seat discrepancy?

Please do not change my question as you are incorrect I have a contract from Trend clearly stating I'm entitled to 4 devices... NOT 3. If that is an error by Trend I will have to reconsider my package when it's due for renewal.If it's not an error please rectify as I want 4 devises covered.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Can't install - “Too Many Installations” warning message.

Official Solution

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

8 years ago

We've created a new conversation for your issue to ensure your questions and issues are addressed in the most timely manner by our support team.

We have checked your license and you are correct that your license is entitled to protect 4 devices. Currently, all 4 seats in your license have been used. Could you provide some detail on where you saw the information or message that shows a 3-device limitation?

Here're a useful documents that might be related to your concern. You could check current status of your device installations and free up an existing seat to transfer it to a different device:
Managing devices under Trend Micro Account (MyAccount)

Please let us know if your concern has been addressed by us. If not, please do not hesitate to reply in this conversation. Thank you!

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

8 years ago

Thank you for your speedy reply, when attempting to reload the  Trend program on my 4th devise (Laptop) the pop up stated I was only entitled to 3 downloads and to swap one. I checked as per your advise on my account and noted 4 devises covered by Trend already including this laptop, however the only way I got to reinstall Trend on the 4th device was to cancel the 4th in the main account and than reapply on the laptop, it now works fine.  Still don't know why it insisted I was only allowed 3 devices, anyway thanks again for your assistance.

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

8 years ago

Thanks for your reply and glad to know the license works fine on your 4th device now! We're also not sure why you saw the warning pop up, but will definitely relay this glitch to our product development team to investigate. Please feel free to contact us in the community at any time if you have questions or encounter issues with our products. Thank you!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights