Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

372 Points

Tuesday, October 23rd, 2018 12:53 AM

Closed

latest upgrade 15.0.1172

Windows 10 Defender Security Center shows warning "Open Trend Micro Security" since the new 15.0.1172 upgrade was successfully installed.  I restarted computer, of course, and ran a quick scan.  Still the "x" is showing in the Security Window icon in the task bar.

Hustler

• 

61 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

6 years ago

Hi bandnfodor and welcome to the community!

It could be possible that your Trend Micro program is either outdated or has been disabled that's why you still see the "x". When you click on the Virus and Threat Protection, what comes up?
It would be great if you can send us screenshots of the issue as well.
You may also to refer to this link:
Windows Security Center reports that Trend Micro Security is turned off

^Mac

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

372 Points

In the Security Center it appears that there are two Trend Micro programs listed -- this is since the upgrade yesterday to the 15.0.1172 version

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

372 Points

How do I send a screen shot in this format -- don't see any options.   Bob

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

372 Points

6 years ago

Again, I apologize, but I am new to the community.  Would a comment get my answer to TM_Mac viewed by him or do I need to write my response in a new "reply"?  Bob F

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

6 years ago

Hi bandnfodor

Welcome to TM Home users Community, a public site where volunteers try to help each-other , also there are TM Employees that can give answers, that is only at working hours. I am just a volunteer!

Taking a screenshot to send to Trend Micro Technical Support
https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/premium-security/1054118.aspx?_ga...
And reply just here!

Kind regards,
Tom

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

372 Points

In "Comment" or "Reply"  -- as I said, I'm really new, and I didn't see any directions in the tutorial area.  Thanks again.  bob F

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

372 Points

Got it!  Thanks, Tom -- very simple and I learned something new here -- very cool.  Thanks again.  Bob F

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

372 Points

6 years ago

Thanks, Tom.  Very much appreciated.  I will get on this.  Bob F

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

372 Points

6 years ago

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

6 years ago

Hi bandnfodor

Do a uninstall , the normal way, after that use this tool:
Using the Trend Micro Remnant File Remover Tool
https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/maximum-security-2017/1104912.asp...
then reboot and do a new install!
Hope this does the trick.

Kind regards,
Tom

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

372 Points

Thank you, tom E, Champion!  The reinstall with the remover tool worked like a charm.  Here's a screen shot of the current Security Center showing no more multiple programs of the TM.  Thanks again for your excellent support.  Bob F

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

Hi

Nice, and thanks!
Good luck.

Kind regards,
Tom
Brand User

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

6 years ago

Hi bandnfodor!

Thank you very much for the screenshots that you provided!

We would like to check some details on your computer.  Can you please provide us what exact windows operating system of your computer? 

To know the exact version of your windows operating system, kindly follow the steps below:

1) On your keyboard, press the Windows Windows Key + R keys.
2) In the open fields, type "winver", then press enter. It will open up a window where you can exact see the Windows Version of your computer.

You may provide again a screenshot, so we can check on it.

Regards,
Jan

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights