32 Messages

• 

880 Points

Thursday, October 14th, 2021 6:59 PM

Closed

Resolved

LATEST TREND MICRO MAX UPDATE v17.7

Hi people,

Just wanted to give you my own experience on this update. I got an email from Trend Micro informing of this latest software, and the advice was "Uninstall your current program, 'see 3.' below. This I proceeded to do before opening the 'Installer'. This caused me a host of issues with an error message > "Failed to load extension from: C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\TMIDS\tower_main. Manifest file is missing or unreadable"... which is a problem associated with Trend's "Password Manager" as I understand it (?), I also had other problems too, which I wont go into. After doing several Restores of my PC using a Backup-Image of my computer and trying to resolve this. I found that, if I DID NOT UNINSTALL my current Trend Micro software, and just run the 'Installer', the installation program detects the existing copy of the software anyway, and just auto-uninstalls it for you!! The whole process then proceeded without a hitch. 

Happy days,

Terry

How to upgrade Trend Micro to its latest version on Windows

LAST UPDATED: JUN 28, 2021

Upgrade Trend Micro to its latest program version to get better performance and protection on your Windows computer. It is FREE as long as your subscription is not expired.

1. Get a copy of your serial number.
  2. Check if your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
  3. Uninstall your current Trend Micro program.
Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

3 years ago

Hi @telboy911,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

Thank you for sharing your experience with our program update. Uninstalling the current program and just running the new installer right away are different ways to get the update of our program.

If you still require any assistance or have further concerns especially with the Password Manager, just let us know, and we would be happy to assist.

- TM_Kath

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

310 Points

3 years ago

Exactly.. download the TrendMicro_17.7_HE_Full and it will uninstall, ask for reboot and then reinstall after starting. Done. No need to do anything manually. Remembers settings as well, so no worries there either.

Hustler

• 

119 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

3 years ago

I did the same, let the installer do its thing and uninstalled the older version.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

764 Messages

• 

13.6K Points

Thank you for your continued support and for sharing your experience, Anthony Metzen and David Vair.

Let us know if there's anything else that we can help you with and we'll gladly assist you. Have a great day and stay safe!

- TM_Rochelle

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights