Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Wednesday, October 18th, 2023 1:32 PM

Closed

New Version Alert: Trend Micro Security for Windows 17.8.1121

Upgrade to Trend Micro Security Version 17.8.1121 today for enhanced protection!

It's quick, easy, and FREE with an active subscription. Open your Trend Micro program and ensure it displays "Version: 17.8" in the top left corner. Stay secure and up-to-date!

How to check if Trend Micro is in its latest version on Windows

What's new in Trend Micro Security version 17.8.1121?

1. Stronger Protection
       - New machine learning model for better security.
       - Reduced storage space for smoother performance.

2. Email Defender
    - Now supports Yahoo Mail.

3. Easier Installation
    - Streamlined installation process.

4. Simplified Registration
    - Hassle-free registration flow.

5. Enhanced Browser Notifications
    - Added protection against browser notification scams.

6. Mute Mode Improvement
    - Fewer pop-up notifications when transitioning between screens.

7. Pay Guard for Banking and Shopping
    - More options for customizing your protection.

Download the Trend Micro Security version 17.8.1121 Now!

Enjoy the peace of mind you deserve.

The latest update provides the next level of protection for the following Trend Micro Security products for Windows. Upgrade now!

Please note that Trend Micro Security, bundled by your ISP, will become available to you shortly.

If you see an older version (17.0 and below), it's time to update to the latest version. Updating is the most effective way to safeguard yourself and your family from online scams, viruses, and threats. Don't delay; update now for maximum protection!

End of Support

• Windows 7 and 8.1
    • Upgrade your operating system for continued support.

• Trend Micro Vault
    • The feature is no longer available due to vulnerabilities, incompatibility, and low user engagement.

Share Your Update Experience!

Was the installation easy or difficult for you? Let us know!

Join the discussion!

Sign in or create an account.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

182 Points

7 months ago

Gave up. When I jump through all the hoops and finally get the downloader link it says 17.7....NOT 17.8! What a waste of my time.

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

290 Points

same here only 17.7

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

Same for me.

Is this update for all of the Trend Mico applications.

Hotshot

• 

34 Messages

• 

866 Points

@mouse_retherford​  same for me too. Maybe they haven't updated their links yet

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

@mouse_retherford @DragoNet @hsfrotten @plspeakes 

Thank you for your patience. We are currently investigating the issue and will provide an update as soon as possible.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Hey @mouse_retherford, @DragoNet, @hsfrotten, @plspeakes! Updated installer links in the post. Click to download the new installer on Windows.

Let me know how it goes!

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

7 months ago

Yeah, try fixing the crappy invoicing problems along with your stupid renewal process 👎

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Good day @fsparkman8203c8! Thank you for your feedback. We take customer concerns seriously and are working to improve our invoicing and renewal processes. Your input is valuable – please share any specific issues or suggestions, and we'll address them.

Hotshot

• 

20 Messages

• 

690 Points

7 months ago

It's nice that you notify users by email about new versions, BUT ... shouldn't you mention that "Version ... is for Windows, or for Android, or for ..." 🤔❓

If I only use mobile version, why (?) should I open/read about Windows versions ... 🤷🏻‍♂️. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

162 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Hi @Dani_2077 ,

Thank you for your feedback. We will improve how we communicate the compatibility of our Trend Micro App with different OS versions.

(edited)

Hotshot

• 

20 Messages

• 

690 Points

Thanks 🙏🏻

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

@Dani_2077 updated the content. Thanks for flagging it.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

190 Points

7 months ago

tried  

told am up-to-date with 17.7

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

@shoescene Hey there! I'll keep you in the loop as soon as we fix the issue with the installers. Don't worry, we'll get it sorted out soon!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

@shoescene just updated the installers!

You can now download and install the Trend Micro Security version 17.8.1121 on your Windows computers.

Hustler

• 

70 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

@tm_kree​ 17.7.1968 version solved browser pop-up but new 17.8.1121 has pop-up issue again please solve it

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

@karismajopd​ Seems like they have issue after issue with lots of things. Makes one wonder how good their product is!!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

Hi @efa11547​ , 

We are committed to providing the best experience with our software, and we're actively monitoring for any potential issues that may arise following the latest update.

It's important to note that due to the differences of machine environments our customers use, there may be some compatibility challenges, but we want to assure you that our dedicated team of developers is always ready to address and resolve any issues that may arise.

Thank you!

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

180 Points

7 months ago

I spent my entire evening trying to get this "update".  I have Trend from Best Buy.  After I tried to install the update I still had 17.7, so I contacted Venessa at Trend Support and she sent an update for 17.8 for Trend from Best buy which would not install on either of my computers.   I then contacted Best Buy Support and they remotely installed Trend and after the tech was done he told me I had the very latest version, which was the same one that I was able to install.  Version 17.7.1968!    Will Trend Micro from Best Buy be upgraded to Version 17.8 and will we be notified when that happens?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

29 Messages

• 

640 Points

Hi @dpjw55_80ae62,

We appreciate your feedback about the new Trend Micro version from Best Buy. Rest assured, we're actively looking into why some of our valued Trend Micro users from Best Buy have not yet received the 17.8 update.

Thank you for your patience and continued support.We'll make sure to keep you informed about the progress of the new version from Best Buy.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

180 Points

I recieved your email with the link to download the update and what you sent me did the same thing as the one Venessa at Trend support.  I did reply to you via email, but got no responce.  I checked once again at Best Buy's download website and the download there is on for 17.7.

I have no idea what I am supposed to do next.  When Trend and Best Buy find a solution to this problem would you please let me know?  The Trend Micro 17.7 from Best Buy appears to be working fine for now on both of my computers.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

162 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Hi @dpjw55_80ae62 ,

We'll make sure to keep you informed about the progress of the new version from Best Buy. For now kindly use the 17.7 version to keep your devices protected.

Thank you!

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

7 months ago

Just checked my current subscription and checked for update. System tells me I am up-to-date yet the account shows 17.7! Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing?

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

@ekjennings​ Spot on: they don't!!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

101 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

Hi @ekjennings ,

The system is showing "up to date" since "component version" pertains to specific parts of the software, while "program version" relates to the whole software application. Both are used to track and communicate the state of development and releases for different aspects of the software.

Kindly reinstall your Trend Micro Security to get the latest version 17.8.

You may get the installers here:

Please note that Trend Micro Security,for BBY, bundled by your ISP, will become available to you shortly.

Hope this helps!

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

Have tried all of the above, reinstalled several times, and still end up with the 17.7 version. It really is Pathetic!! 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

101 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

Hi @efa11547,

Please try the installer on this link instead:

Download Maximum Security

Let us know if this works. Thanks!

Prodigy

• 

198 Messages

• 

6K Points

7 months ago

This new version has new machine learning model for better security. I hope it improves security in practical scenarios. Also I noticed that vault has now been removed. So I just wonder if there is any new feature that Trend micro have which has not been rolled out yet.

I just hope Trend to provide new security features like a two way firewall (software based to check inbound and outbound traffic).

If a feature is removed then the concerned teams and app developers should compensate by providing new features. 

Hustler

• 

107 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

7 months ago

How much has really changed?  We have been running 17.7 since Fall of 2021.  This is now 17.8  not a big change in the versions.

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

Start to look at other software other than TREND MICRO. TOO MANY FAULTS, time after time.

(edited)

Prodigy

• 

198 Messages

• 

6K Points

@davevt31​ Their product has not changed much in past 8 years. So usually they dont provide any new features with new updates. Look at the previous UI of Trend Micro of 8 to 9 years earlier versions. By UI I mean look at the features of components it offers from then vs now. 

(edited)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

101 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

Hi @davevt31,

Here are the enhancements on the update.

1. Stronger Protection
       - New machine learning model for better security.
       - Reduced storage space for smoother performance.
  2. Email Defender
    - Now supports Yahoo Mail.
  3. Easier Installation
    - Streamlined installation process.
  4. Simplified Registration
    - Hassle-free registration flow.
  5. Enhanced Browser Notifications
    - Added protection against browser notification scams.
  6. Mute Mode Improvement
    - Fewer pop-up notifications when transitioning between screens.
  7. Pay Guard for Banking and Shopping
    - More options for customizing your protection.

(edited)

Hotshot

• 

20 Messages

• 

690 Points

These days you got a job with this update 😃. There are so many things to cover and only emails from misunderstood or dissatisfied customers 😂. 

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

The same BS we get from Trend Micro, when their" updates" don"t work. They reply to any Critisum with" we are very concerned about our product, and are working hard to rectify this issue. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. TELL YOU HOW GOOD THE UPDATES ARE, BUT CAN'T EVEN GET THE INSTALL SOFTWARE CORRECT. COME ON TREND MICRO, GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, SO IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT MACHINE IT IS DOWNLOADED TO.

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

7 months ago

The writer is on point.  Please pay attention.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @ryderglow​ , 

Thank you for your insight on this post. We hope it helps inform other users about the availability of the newest version of Trend Micro for Windows.

Hustler

• 

70 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

17.7.1968 version solved browser pop-up but new 17.8.1121 has pop-up issue again please solve it 

(add) today update 17.8.1139 version still same appear "restart pop up issue on edge" when fix it?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @karismajopd,

We believe that we recently had a private conversation with you regarding this concern, and we were successful in reaching an agreement on the terms. It appears that your computer's environment may be related to the issue at hand.

Hustler

• 

70 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

@tm_carlo​ Why extend it for a few months and talk like it's all over at your disposal? I asked about why the problem is happening again in the latest version when it was solved in the previous version. Don't blur the point. Is this the only problem I have? Take it back if you're going to brag about a few months extension. And change your tone first

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @karismajopd​, 

I'm sorry if my last response didn't come across well; that wasn't my intention. I'd just like to check if the issue is still happening on the same computer you previously reported. If it is, it's possible that there's an environmental issue with the computer, as we discussed before.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights